Seasonal Laboratory Analyst
The individual in this position of Seasonal Laboratory Analyst I will be an important member of the laboratory team. They will interface with other departments, such as Winemaking, Bottling, and the Cellar during various stages of production. This individual will laboratory quality requirements, support of quality initiatives, and will demonstrate teamwork, professionalism, and work ethic.
- Perform quality work in a fast‑paced, team‑oriented environment.
- Perform daily checks and calibrations for safety equipment and laboratory instrumentation.
- Participate in maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the laboratory.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Effectively perform routine laboratory analyses.
- Enter analytical results into the database.
- Obtain sample from barrels and tanks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Areas of Specialization:
- Knowledge of wine production.
- Possession of time‑management skills.
- Knowledge of HACCP, ISO9001, BRC, or ISO17025.
- Experience with a laboratory information system (LIMS).
- Knowledge of wine chemistry and/or microbiology.
Education in a scientific discipline, such as: Enology, Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry or Food Science is desired but not required. The candidate should possess excellent verbal and written skills in English (Spanish language skills are a strong plus) and computer skills (MSOffice: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.). Prior experience in a wine lab environment is desirable. The availability to work overtime and flexibility to work varying shifts, is required. The candidate must be able to lift 35 lbs. and be able to stand for long periods of time.
Required to stand long periods of time, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and able to lift and move up to 35 pounds of weight.
$18.00 $20.00 $22.00
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.