General Winery Worker - Carneros Hills Winery
CARNEROS HILLS WINERY - Sonoma Valley, CA.
Carneros Hills Winery is located in the picturesque Carneros region of Sonoma Valley in sunny California. We are a mid-sized winery specializing in the production of premium Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, but also utilizing our small batch equipment for the production of specialized small lots of Bordeaux varieties.
We have a diverse and extremely passionate team led by a versatile winemaking duo, and are looking for individuals to join us for the upcoming harvest. If you are a hardworking, energetic, fun-loving wine enthusiast that enjoys working in a team environment we would love to hear from you.
This position is responsible for a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks in the cellar such as operating crush and press equipment, stacking barrels, operating a forklift, filling barrels and topping wine. This position is under the general direction of the Cellar Manager, Winemaker, and Cellar Foreperson.
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices.
- Perform equipment set-up duties.
- Cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities
- Wine and juice transfers, racking, blending, moving hoses and
- Chemical and nutrient additions to juice and wine
- Understanding of barrel operations: filling, racking and topping
- Forklift operation, moving barrels and case goods
- Other duties as assigned by the Cellar Manager
- Previous experience in a winery environment is preferred, but not required.
- Forklift experience is preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to follow and communicate verbal and written safety and work instructions in English.
- This position requires good reading, writing and basic arithmetic skills.
- Must be able to work safely around equipment electrical outlets and procedures.
- The individual selected for this position must be reliable and possess a good work ethic.
- Must be flexible and able to work any shift and overtime as needed, especially during harvest.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical exam and illegal drug screening.
$18.84 - $21.91 - $24.98 per hour
- Health insurance – medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation accrual; 12 paid holidays; 72 hours for Health & Wellness
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Wine discounts!
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.