International Seasonal Intern
Job Description: Harvest Internship
We are a Jackson Family wines winery; a family-owned company with properties in California, Oregon, Australia, France, Italy, Chile, and South Africa. Brands produced at our Oakville facility include Freemark Abbey, Bootleg, Arrowood and premium custom crush clients.
We produce primarily high-quality red Bordeaux varieties, along with Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Viognier, and Syrah. Our average crush is 3-4,000 tons and we have approx. 15,000 barrels of capacity in our barrel cellar.
Role and responsibilities:
This is a hands-on cellar internship role and reports to the cellar master. We operate an indoor and outdoor facility with full grape to bottling production. Interns work in all the following areas:
- Assist in crushing red fruit to tank and pressing of white grapes
- Fermentation management: pumpovers, rack and returns, pressing
- Addition of yeasts, nutrients, SO2, etc.
- Barrel work: filling, racking and topping
- Sanitation of tanks, equipment, and general housekeeping
- Dry goods inventory
- 1 year harvest experience required
- A degree or certificate in winemaking preferred but not required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English, Spanish speaking a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and extended hours through harvest
- Ability to sit bend, stoop, twist and walk over uneven surfaces
- Ability to climb stairs, lift 50+ lbs. and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work well as an individual and as a valued member of our team with a positive attitude
- Forklift driving experience is a plus
$18 - $20 - $22 per hour
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.This is a seasonal position commencing in August and concluding in December. Applicants are responsible for their own transportation and housing; we will assist, when possible, with housing searches.