Seasonal International Intern - Winery Worker
Geyserville, Sonoma County, California
Position Title: Winery Worker – International Intern
Vinwood Cellars is located smack bang between the picturesque towns of Healdsburg and Geyserville in northern Sonoma County. Surrounded by vines, Vinwood is a large winery specializing in the production of Sauvignon Blanc, Bordeaux reds and America’s #1 Chardonnay. Due to our diverse range of wines produced, harvest typically runs longer than usual.
We have a passionate team with a wealth of experience and are looking for individuals to join us for the upcoming harvest. If you are a fun-loving, energetic, hardworking wine enthusiast that thrives to work in a team environment we would love to hear from you.
Job Roles / Responsibilities
Working in an indoor / outdoor facility and reporting to directions given by the Cellarmaster and Winemakers, the successful applicant will have opportunities to perform the following:
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices
- Red fermentation management – pump overs, rack & returns, temperatures
- Additions – yeast, acid, nutrients including calculations
- The use of all cellar equipment (and most importantly) it’s cleaning & sanitizing.
- Racking, transferring and the movement of juice and wine
- Taking samples and helping the lab team when required
- Barrel work – filling, cleaning, racking and topping
- Forklift operation, moving barrels and case goods
- Special projects and experiments when required
- Previous harvest experience is preferred but not 100% necessary and a degree in winemaking/enology is favorable
- Effective communication skills in English
- The ability to work long hours through the busy harvest time
- Ability to lift 50lbs as required
- International positions will be processed via coordination with CAEP (Communicating for Agriculture Exchange Programs)
The successful applicant must provide their own transportation while some assistance will be provided to help find housing. A weekly harvest lunch will also be enjoyed!
$18.00 - $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.