Business Systems Analyst - Production
Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family-owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2023, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the eighth year running.
As part of the Production Systems team, the Business Systems Analyst will partner with stakeholders and IT on initiatives to define business requirements, design, and deliver solutions. The Business Analyst will be focused in the production systems area working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS), Wine and Grape management system, Vineyard management systems, IOT related systems, and more.
- Participate in defining work and technical direction to leadership, vendors, and cross functional team members.
- Build partnerships with customers, peers and stakeholders and work closely with them to influence the strategy and design of acceptable solutions.
- Drive innovation with direct customers, peers and vendors to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Product portfolio management alignment to enterprise business capability strategy, business adoption, technology roadmap, system architecture and integration.
- Evaluate technology for its application in our business and evangelize the use of it to digitize cross-functional business process.
- Act on behalf of the business partner as a subject matter expert to ensure product/service performance supports business process needs.
- Collect feedback from business partners on application performance and manage moderately complex configurations and resolution of technical architecture issues.
- Responsible for overall product quality; formulates test strategies, plans, scripts and performs detailed testing for complex use cases to ensure systems function correctly.
- Stay up to date on the trends, processes, and IT advancements to automate, modernize and optimize systems.
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of the time between local company facilities using personal vehicle. Valid driver's license required.
Essential Skills and Experience/ Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Tech, or related field, 3+ years of experience in IT or relevant work experience, or 5 years equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 applications including Outlook, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio.
- Experience with SDLC, waterfall and scrum/agile project methodologies
- Proficient at requirements management from planning to execution, developing and tracking project requirements
- Ability to successfully participate and lead the execution of medium sized, complex, projects with different teams with diverse personalities
- Create, manage, and revise test plans, test scripts and manage defect tracking
- Must possess creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator both written and verbal. Ability to communicate effectively under high-pressure situations with leadership team members.
- Strong facilitator of meetings and teams, and medium size audience.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills
$33.70 - $42.66 - $51.62 per hour
- Health insurance – medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation accrual; 12 paid holidays; 72 hours for Health & Wellness
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Wine discounts!
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.