Seasonal International Intern - Cellar
Under the supervision of the Winemakers, this position will perform routine cellar duties.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow and observe all safe cellar practices.
- Sanitation in all areas, including facility and equipment.
- Responsible for set-up of equipment.
- Grape handling.
- Wine transfer, racking and blending.
- Complete understanding of barrel operations, racking, filling and topping.
- Operate all Harvest equipment, presses, hoppers, conveyor systems, must pumps and hoists.
- Forklift operation, barrels and case goods.
- Other duties as assigned.
Previous winery experience welcomed, but not required. Individual selected for this position must be reliable, posses a good work ethic, and positive attitude. In addition, individuals in this position must be able to follow verbal and written instruction. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis, work standing up and walk on concrete surfaces for extended periods of time. Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed. Proof of ability to work in the United States is required. International positions are available through coordination with CAEP.
$18 - $20 - $22 per hour
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.