Seasonal Skilled Winery Worker - Carneros Hills Winery
Scope of Position:
Under the supervision of the Cellar Master and Fore Person, a Skilled Cellar Worker in this position will perform and lead teams in all cellar duties.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow, observe and lead in all safe cellar practices.
- Sanitation in all areas, including facility and equipment.
- Responsible for set-up of equipment and for maintaining an organized cellar.
- Wine transfer, racking and blending.
- Complete understanding of barrel operations, racking, filling and topping.
- Filter operation, lees, pad, membrane, and crossflow filtration.
- Chemical additions to wine and juice while wearing a respirator.
- Operate all Harvest equipment, presses, hoppers, conveyor systems, must pumps and hoists.
- Forklift operation, macro bins and empty barrels
- Lead empty barrel care project.
- Fill work orders and operate scanner.
- Other duties as assigned by the Foreperson or Cellar Master.
Individuals selected for these positions must be reliable, posses a good work ethic and have the desire to develop skills to advance in the company. In addition, individuals in this position must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and communicate in English. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Individuals in this position must possess a good understanding of winemaking principals, leadership and basic computer skills.
A minimum of 3-5 years previous winery experience. A complete knowledge and skill level to operate all winery equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS- CELLAR WORKER
This position requires continuous walking, climbing, kneeling, crouching, and crawling throughout the shift for cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities. It requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, fine manipulation and to lift up to 50 pounds for Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment and to operate crush pad equipment. It occasionally include enclosed spaces, heights, and wearing a respirator to make chemical additions to juice and wine.
$20.00 - $22.00 - $24.00
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.
Candidate must successfully complete an application.