Senior Manager, Projects & Maintenance
This position manages the operations of the Maintenance Department for both the Facility and Bottling Operations, as well as the capital improvements with department Directors. This department is responsible for the installation, repair, and performance of preventative and corrective maintenance on a wide variety of building systems, wine cellar systems and production equipment, bottling equipment maintenance and machine performance. The Senior Manager is responsible for, organizing, directing, and performing the activities and work involved in maintenance and operations through internal mechanics and outside vendors. Essentially, the successful candidate, working with direct reports, and department directors, ensure the facility is up and running for all operations. This position includes the hiring/training/managing of both regular and temporary bottling and facilities maintenance personnel. The role will ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations and provide a safe and secure work environment for employees working within the cellar, blending, and bottling department’s equipment, devices, and tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage maintenance activities of both bottling and facilities maintenance personnel comprised of mechanics, technicians, and electricians in the daily production of wine components to finished case goods.
- Maintain cellar, blending and bottling equipment and direct the maintenance efforts of bottling and facility maintenance personnel.
- Effectively utilize and integrate the CMMS system for all maintenance activities
- Develop working relationships with outside contractors support ongoing projects and maintenance of the site. Develops a contractor safety program and assure compliance while contractors are on site.
- Analyze production line automation and control capabilities and provide input to enhance overall performance.
- Performs operational bottling line and facilities assessments and recommend automation and control solutions. Gather, analyze, and present production data to increase efficiencies and decrease waste and costs.
- Responsible for facility compliance for water, process wastewater, discharge requirements, fire systems, ammonia systems, and all safety compliance for direct reports and on-site contractors
- Communicate clearly, verbally and in writing through organization, team members and vendors.
- Hire, Train and Develop staff in a divers and inclusive environment.
- Coach, counsel, motivate and evaluate personnel verbally and written.
- Develop and motivate a high performing team, delivering results in a complex, multifunctional, dynamic environment
Budget and Capital:
- Partner with Director of Bottling, Director of Operations and SVP of Operations and Logistics on Facility Capital planning, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Recommend and implement bottling and facilities capital plans driving efficiency, safety, sustainability, and up time.
- Partner with Procurement on vendor selections, specifications, contract terms, implementation schedules. Obtain and obtain quotes and cost estimates on construction projects, compares bids and make recommendations.
Safety and Compliance:
- Understand, follow, implement, and enforce the execution of all JFW production safety requirements and the safety requirements as outlined by the State of California and OSHA Participate in company Safety Committee, attend regular meetings, and improve the safe operation of the Skylane facility. Partner with Risk and Health and Safety team on all safety programs, reporting, remediation, and training.
- Responsible to oversee and maintains facilities systems, including water, wastewater, electrical, refrigeration, heating, boilers, propane, compressed air, etc.
- Partner with Sustainability to drive and assure to assure compliance with all environmental programs. through best-in-class equipment, process, and vendors.
- BS Degree or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience in a fast-moving maintenance / production environment in a leadership role.
- History of dependability, responsiveness, resiliency, and agility.
- Team player with the ability to work flexible hours including night shifts and occasional weekends as needed. Detailed oriented with good organizational skills
- Communicate clearly both written and verbally. Ability to develop plans timelines, training documents
- Experience supporting and implementing Safety programs
- Skilled in computer and data with thorough understanding and competency in Microsoft Office software programs in the execution of daily duties.
- Possess a clean DMV record and meet requirements of company fleet policy.
- Ability to travel to other company locations and Industry related conferences
- Fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly
$87,759.00 - $111,795.00 - $135,831.00 annually
- Health insurance – medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation accrual; 12 paid holidays; 72 hours for Health & Wellness
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Wine discounts!
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.