Estate Sales Associate
FREEMARK ABBEY WINERY, St. Helena
Freemark Abbey Winery is searching for an experienced, world class wine sales professional possessing the ability to represent luxury products while working in a high energy team sales environment. All applicants must be confident in their ability to softly sell ultra premium wine while maintaining the Freemark Abbey brand image standards. Successful candidates will possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be an effective self-starter. This position will be responsible for developing new clientele at Freemark Abbey Winery and maintaining these relationships in person on property, via phone and email outreach, and occasional travel to our top Direct to Consumer (DTC) markets.
This team operates in a very fast paced environment so the ability to successfully multitask will be a must have skill. If you meet the requirements above, and are looking for a challenge, then we enthusiastically invite you to apply for this position.
- Manages a client base of 600-800 collectors with the goal of growing each year.
- Participates as a serious revenue generating team member that helps the Estate Team meet or exceed monthly/quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Strengthens preexisting collector relationships and cements new relationships via consistent contact on phone and email and special events.
- Travels to our collector markets to conduct private dinner events with the goal of improving rapport with existing collectors and acquiring first time buyers in new markets.
- Works at the guidance of the Estate Manager to execute phone and email outreach as needed during anticipation and release campaigns as well as other direct sales campaign programs.
- Responsible for developing referral partners through focused business development activities.
- Executes hospitality events and visitor programs in a manner that is well organized and consistent with marketing direction on brand image.
- In cooperation with the Estate Manager provides ideas and support to enhance our business development efforts.
- Works with Estate Manager to create an Ultra Premium tasting experience for each consumer that exceeds luxury based expectations.
- Supports trade hospitality events as needed.
- Possesses commanding knowledge of POS system, including ability to effectively perform opening and closing procedures.
- Attends and participates in team meetings, staff and company meetings as required.
- Helps maintain Estate Tasting area to ensure a pleasing, professional, luxury environment for guests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 plus years’ related experience preferred in sales, customer service or hospitality and with knowledge of presenting and selling luxury products.
- Being a team player is a must have skill set.
- Knowledge of luxury wines and wine production required.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Outstanding ability in customer service and working with the public with a commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and ability to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
Able to stand and walk for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly.