Wine Mobile Bottling Line Operator
This unique position for JFW will perform two vital positions:
- When the mobile bottling team is requested to a winery to bottle, this position will assist the Mobile Bottling Supervisor/Lead in either depalling and/or dumping empty glass, packing filled bottles into cases and/or stacking full cases onto pallets.
- If the mobile line is not required to run, this position will be required to be working on special projects or on one of the stationary bottling lines as an operator as proscribed by the Bottling Manager/Supervisor/Lead. Special project may be repacking, relabeling or inspecting product. If on the bottling, run machines such as the depal, case erector, inserter and the case packer or feed raw materials to the corker, screw capper or capsule applicator.
Work outside stacking and unstacking wine cases.
Packing filled wine bottles in boxes while not scuffing labels.
Placing labels on cases.
Inspect bottles for proper label, capsule/screw cap and case code application.
Perform in production cleaning.
Present detailed and legible work orders and quality record logs.
Provide thorough descriptions of equipment malfunctions in writing.
Follow, observe and enforce all safety rules and regulations.
Inspect for adherence to all packaging specifications, including documenting results and performing corrective actions to maintain quality standards.
Operate forklift and clamp in full product case goods and raw materials.
Other duties assigned by Supervisor or Lead Person.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Ability to stand for long periods of time and must be able to stoop, kneel, or crouch
Travel to other wineries in Sonoma and Napa County
May require night shift, split shift, overtime and weekend work.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
English communication skills, written and verbal. Spanish is a plus.
Basic mathematical aptitude.
Forklift experience operating electric or gas-powered forklift.
Must be able to demonstrate troubleshooting skills on machinery as well as raw materials.
Must possess a working knowledge of personal computers including Microsoft Windows operating system, MS Excel and MS Word.
Must be reliable, detail oriented with good organizational skills.
Must be willing to learn computer skills and inventory control.
Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate to others.
$18.84 $21.91 $24.98 per hour
- Health insurance – medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation accrual; 12 paid holidays; 72 hours for Health & Wellness
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Wine discounts!
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.