Cook – Full Time
Jackson Family Wines (JFW) is seeking chefs of varying experience to join our growing culinary team. JFW is a family owned winery that prides itself on providing great customer service and fantastic wines paired with delicious farm to table cuisine. We offer a collaborative, team-based environment using our own estate-grown produce and local artisan ingredients. This position offers the opportunity for wine education, wine & food pairing and a broad range of food styles and techniques using only the best quality and freshest ingredients.
Just a few of the benefits of working in the JFW culinary department:
- Developing dishes to pair with fabulous wines
- Working in a top of the line kitchen, as well as in many of our beautiful estate kitchens
- Finding menu inspiration from our onsite culinary garden
- Working alongside a diverse team with expertise in cheese/cheesemaking, baking/pastry, fine dining, butchery and barbeque
- Positive attitude
- Professional behavior
- Ability and desire to interact with guests
- Ability to follow directions
- Professional appearance
- Desire and enthusiasm to learn and grow
- Knife skills
- Kitchen equipment knowledge
- Consistently maintains a healthy, clean and safe work environment
- Ability to multitask
- Participate in varying events (ranging from small plated meals to large scale event)
Job Duties / Essential Functions:
- Ensures that level of quality, portion control and plate presentation is adhered to consistently.
- Prepares a variety of cuisine utilizing skill and creativity while using all local & seasonal products, including produce from our garden.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe kitchen; ensures all sanitation procedures are being followed; ensures adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures
- Skillfully utilizes hand tools or machines required, reads recipes, measures, cuts, and otherwise works on materials with great precision.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Willingness to be flexible with schedule.
$19.52- $23.66 - $27.80 per hour
- Health insurance – medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation accrual in addition to 12 paid holidays and 80 hour Health & Wellness
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Wine discounts!
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.