DTC Hospitality Assistant / Busser- Spire Collection Estate - Calistoga
The Spire Collection connects our most elite and emerging vineyard estates with collectors across the globe.
The Spire Collection represents four decades of investment in the vineyards, people, and places that craft these unforgettable wines. It's an international portfolio—from our Tuscan estate outside Siena to our Napa and Sonoma mountain properties.
The Spire DTC Hospitality Assistant is primarily responsible for supporting the Estate Hosts for on-site experiences. Duties include setting up and clearing materials for tastings in multiple spaces, stocking wine, shipping orders from the estate, and assisting in keeping inventory organized and tidy. This position primarily will report to our Calistoga Estate, but will also support our Alexander Valley Estate one to two times a week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Under the general direction and direct supervision of the Estate Manager, the DTC Hospitality Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Pre-setting glassware, place settings, and sales material for tastings at the direction of the Spire estate hosts.
- Clearing tables after guests depart. Glasses and tableware are to be transported to the kitchen and silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. will be placed in appropriate areas for washing.
- Washing and putting away glassware and associated tasting materials.
- Promptly cleaning table tops, chairs and tasting spaces, as well as cleaning or vacuuming floors and surrounding areas as required.
- Inspecting restrooms every 30 minutes and cleaning/restocking as needed.
- Responding appropriately to guest requests and communicating guest requests to estate hosts/manager immediately.
- Restocking collateral materials as needed.
- Assisting with pre/post shift setup/cleanup – including basic maintenance such as watering plants, sweeping walkways, etc.
- Assisting with the packing of wine for guests and carrying wine to guests’ vehicles.
- Filing receipts and other business collateral.
- Packing and shipping orders from the estate as needed.
- Keeping inventory areas neat and tidy, as well as pulling requested inventory for tastings.
- General organization of the estate and cellar.
- Contributing to a positive, collaborative team atmosphere.
- Conducting and presenting oneself in a manner that is consistent with a high-touch, luxury experience.
- Reporting to our Spire Alexander Valley Estate when needed
- Performing other duties as assigned by manager.
- Previous experience in a restaurant or a restaurant-like setting preferred but not required
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow without constant oversight.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Possess a flexible schedule and able to work weekends
- Must be age 21 or over.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds (a case of wine)
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- The ability to drive and transport items in a vehicle with a valid drivers license
$16.16 - $18.79 - $21.42 per hour
- Health insurance – medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation accrual; 12 paid holidays; 72 hours for Health & Wellness
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Wine discounts!
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.