Sr. Payroll Specialist
The Sr. Payroll Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day payroll processing function to include: payroll processing, interfacing with appropriate taxing authorities and payroll service bureau personnel, providing confidential information, and processing of payroll withholdings and appropriate transmittals, ensuring all payroll filings are made timely, accurately and confidentially.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Assists with payroll-related functions including but not limited to processing new hires, termination status changes, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, and direct deposit.
· Processes multi-state, multi-facility payroll data in a timely manner.
· Calculate and Manage Leave of Absences and work with HR for timely and accurate information.
· Enters payroll data into payroll processing system.
· Prints and distributes manual checks as necessary.
· Responds to routine inquiries concerning payroll deductions and accruals, wage garnishments, child support payments, and employment verifications.
· Processes commission and bonus payments.
· Works on monthly outstanding check register and stale dated checks.
· Manages 401K loans.
· Sorts and distributes internal and external mail.
· Processes OT adjustment report for hourly commissioned employees on monthly basis
· Provides PTO/Vacation reports to Managers on monthly basis.
· Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying and mailing.
· Assists with related special projects as required.
· Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Education: Associates degree in Business or Finance or the equivalent in education and experience required.
Experience: A minimum of three years’ payroll-processing experience with a strong working knowledge of payroll processing systems and related functions required. Experience in a mid-sized organization preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Ability to handle confidential information. Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts. Commitment to high standards and excellent customer service skills. Must possess initiative, dedication, and a high attention to detail. Proven organizational skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to balance multiple priorities, overcome challenges, work under pressure and handle the demands and responsibilities of a growing and dynamic organization with enthusiasm. Ability to work a flexible schedule as workload permits and according to payroll schedules. Must be adaptable, flexible and a quick-thinker and learner. Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
Computer Skills: Intermediate MS Office skills in Word, Excel and Access. Knowledge of payroll programs, i.e. Web based Ulti-Pro/UKG, and Kronos WFR preferred. 10-key by touch. Ability to adapt to new systems.
$25.51 - $30.92 - $36.33 per hour
· Health insurance – medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
· 401k with employer match
· Vacation accrual; 12 paid holidays; 72 hours for Health & Wellness
· Learning & Development opportunities
· Wine discounts!
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.