Wine Bottling Sanitation Operator
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager or Bottling Supervisor/Foreman, this 5-day, 8-hour shift position (appx 7:00pm - 3:00am) will perform routine equipment and facility cleaning within the Bottling Operations facility. M-Th, half of the shift will be working while the lines are running. The other half and on most Fridays, the bottling lines are down allowing for deeper cleaning.
Essential Functions/Duties (not limited to):
- Clean bottling line equipment (filler, corker, capper, corking jaws, etc.)
- Cleaning the area in and around the dunnage materials area
- Utilizing a commercial power washer
- Understand the use of cleaning chemicals
- Fill out logs and other documentations
- Set up bottling lines for next day’s startup
- Working with the Maintenance department to solve issues
- Alert/work with Maintenance personnel on equipment issues
- Operate Forklift – use of single doubles and clamps
- Operate machinery, such as, stretch wrapping, print and apply, and palletizing equipment
- Load bottling production lines depalletizers with empty glass
- Off load finished product from palletizers
- Load and unload finished product and/or packaging material in and out of trucks
- Operate Radio Frequency Scanners and computer systems
- Document necessary information for Work Orders, Bill of ladings and inventory control
- Perform other special projects work as assigned
- Adhere to quality standards
- Perform general mathematical calculations
- Follow and observe all safety and facility rules and regulations
- Other duties assigned by Manager, Supervisor or Foreman
This position includes warehouse operations and production work in the Warehouse and Bottling line areas. Late shifts, overtime and weekend work may also be required. Must be able to work longer than 8 hours per day as needed.
- Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Forklift experience required
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish preferred
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs. preferred.
- Basic mathematical aptitude
- Must be reliable, detailed and production oriented.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate to others, and the desire to develop skills to advance in the company.
$19.52- $23.66-$27.80 per hour
- Health insurance – medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation accrual; 12 paid holidays; 72 hours for Health & Wellness
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Wine discounts!
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.