Sr. Developer - Enterprise Application Development
Senior Developer – Enterprise Application Development
Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family-owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2023, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the eighth year running.
As part of the Enterprise Application Development (EAD) team, the Senior Developer will work collaboratively with the Stakeholders, EAD team, business systems analysts, and rest of IT to design, develop, deliver, and support technology solutions that align with department goals and business strategies.
- Manage application development projects, gather technical requirements, conceptualize design, develop, and participate in the development of technology roadmaps for enterprise application solutions. Responsible for overall application quality; solution definition, application programming and data integration across various enterprise applications
- Responsible for creating scope and technical design documents, data maps, software documentation, unit testing, and deployment
- Responsible for providing customer support for software operational questions and issues
- Drive innovation cross functionally with customers, peers, and vendors to improve company efficiency and effectiveness
- Build partnerships with customers, peers and stakeholders and work closely with them to shape and influence the solution design
- Identify deficiencies with software and/or application architecture design, determine root cause and provide corrective action
- Keep abreast of current software development trends and impacts to the company. Recommend changes when appropriate
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or related field, plus 5 years relevant work experience; or 9 years equivalent experience. Master's degree a plus.
- Solid experience in Back-End development technologies (i.e. SQL, Java, Python)
- Ability to Lead teams and provide work and technical direction to vendors and cross functional team members.
- Proven track record in the design, programming and debugging of cross application systems and multiple application integration processes
- Solid experience of root cause analysis, debugging program code and root cause resolution
- Experience with SDLC, waterfall, and scrum/agile project methodologies
- Excellent planning, organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to lead large and complex enterprise application development projects across all aspects of the software development life cycle.
- Expert level knowledge of application data modeling principles
- Knowledge with Wine Production systems
- Proficient with Agile project methodology
- Ability to analyze sophisticated problems and design optimal and simple solutions
Salary Range: $98,290 -$125,210 - $152,151
- Health insurance – medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation accrual; 12 paid holidays; 72 hours for Health & Wellness
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Wine discounts!
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.