J2 Global is a leading Internet information and services company consisting of a portfolio of brands including IGN, Mashable, Humble Bundle, Speedtest, PCMag, Offers.com, Everyday Health and What To Expect in its Digital Media business and eFax, eVoice, iContact, VIPRE, KeepItSafe, IPVanish and LiveDrive in its Cloud Services business. J2 reaches over 180 million people per month across its brands.
We are seeking a permanent Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our growing global Finance team. This position will report to the Collections Team Lead based here in our Dublin, Santry office and will focus on our Firstway Digital Ltd, RTE and Frontsafe portfolios.
We are searching for a detail-oriented, analytical Accounts Receivable Professional to assist the Finance department as it receives, processes, and collects on services rendered. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will work closely with internal departments to ensure that accounts are properly billed, payments are made on time and assist with ongoing and new projects.
- Responsible for billing, collections and cash applications
- Liaising with sales on a weekly basis in order to manage monthly suspensions and closures of unpaid accounts
- Reporting collections and outstanding AR balances to the AR Manager
- Liaise with the external collections agency to ensure collection targets are achieved
- Downloading banks daily & updating customer accounts with receipts received
- Monitor all customer queries, investigate and allocate to the appropriate function necessary & respond to all queries in the agreed SLA
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with external customers as well as internal colleagues
- Follow up on cases with debt collection
- Ensure credit/write-off process is being managed in line with company policy
- Assist with testing and projects as required
- On boarding of customers from acquisition’s
- Process improvements
Job requirements and Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in Collections/ Accounts Receivable
- Billing & Bank Reconciliation experience is essential in this role.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is not essential but would be beneficial.
- Fluency in Norwegian/Danish and English are required, a 2nd European language would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication, research, problem solving and time management skills
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
- Experience using medium/large accounting packages, knowledge of Oracle Financials is a plus
- Strong MS Excel skills are essential and must be proficient in MS Word, Outlook etc.
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Positive team player with an elevated level of initiative, energy and enthusiasm
Why work with us:
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for and environment that rewards your best work.
j2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, and company-sponsored events. If you are seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you. We offer a fun and friendly working environment where individuals are given the opportunity to learn, grown and build on their skills.
j2 Global is a technology-driven company built on entrepreneurial spirit, hard work and collaboration. We hire the best and brightest because we know it takes great people to make a great company. Through offerings from robust cloud-based brands, our technology and media content provides services and information that allows millions of people to stay connected, informed and empowered around the world.