The Systems Administrator reports to the Director of Network Operations as a key team member adding to our collective DevSecOps culture. This position will have a direct impact on production operations for a large multi-site Linux infrastructure providing internet security solutions for domestic and international markets.
As a Systems Administrator you will be a member of the global Systems Operations team who builds, manages, and maintains our suite of online security products.
This is a high-profile opportunity within a highly profitable and very dynamic high-tech company. We've established a strong foundation to make us the undisputed leader in our space. Now we need to add a passionate, collaborative, and tech-savvy DevOps professional to help us grow, support, and maintain our services for our customers.
- Linux server administration
- Execute project work required for new business initiatives such as; environment setup and configuration; infrastructure upgrades; data migrations; new product and feature rollouts.
- Maintain and enhance our platform of internet and email security.
- Interface with Site Reliability and Development teams to maintain SLA, uptime, and security requirements.
- Troubleshoot, manage, and resolve problem tickets for application errors and emerging security threats.
- Maintain and improve existing system monitoring (including; instrumentation, visibility, and alerting)
- Respond to and resolve escalations from the technical support team.
- Be part of the on-call rotation. (Approximately 1 week per month)
- Strong Linux shell proficiency
- Proficient with writing utilities in Bash, Python, or Golang
- Experience with systems automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Understanding of change management policies and procedures.
- Experience with container-based virtualization (Docker/LXC).
- Experience with MySQL, including replication and high availability.
- Solid understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols with hands-on experience configuring DNS, Firewalls, Switches, Routers, VPNs, etc.
- Experience working with email infrastructure including SMTP and IMAP servers.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You are service-oriented and enjoy working with others to manage, deploy, and troubleshoot high volume applications in a cloud environment.
- You are motivated and keep on top of current technical trends along with deep knowledge of your tools of choice.
- You have a passion for internet security.
- You are reliable, and we can count on you in times of need.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong problem-solving methodology and the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as external vendors.
- Experience with metrics and monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, InfluxDB, and Nagios
- Experience with the HashiCorp stack including Nomad, Consul, Vault, and Terraform.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Google Compute, or Azure.
- Experience supporting systems with compliance requirements such as; SOX; HIPPA; GDPR