IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 7 million students worldwide, is seeking strong analytical thinkers and creative problem solvers who are looking to start their career in product management. The Product Designer role is an entry-level role intended for candidates with limited software development experience to gain the technical know-how necessary to become a successful product manager.
Product management at IXL starts with a passion for making a lasting impact on education. Team members take products from initial brainstorm to final launch and beyond, putting our users first in all that we do, and working collaboratively across many teams including Engineering, Visual Design, Marketing, and more! Our creative solutions, clean designs, and commitment to quality allow us to deliver effective, compelling products that tackle some of the biggest problems in education today.
What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other stakeholders to gather requirements and clarify goals for new projects
- Consider user needs and product strategy to make feature design decisions
- Produce clear written specifications for all feature functionality and user flows
- Collaborate with visual designers to create innovative, clean user interfaces
- Work with engineers to get features implemented and delivered to our users
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Demonstrated technical abilities; some coursework or experience in computer programming and web technologies is preferred
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, with an eye to clarity and conciseness
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across teams to make things happen
- Willingness to tackle tough problems independently, from assessing high-level goals through to perfecting every detail
- Exceptionally organized self-starter, efficient and thrives under pressure
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, and an unfailingly positive attitude
- Interest in K-12 education! Classroom/teaching experience is a plus
What To Include In Your Application
- Your resume
- A cover letter under 600 words, so what we can get to know you better
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: delivering an immersive learning experience to all students, in all grades and subjects, in schools and homes worldwide. With 1 in 8 U.S. students already learning on IXL (answering over 50 million questions every day!), IXL inspires educators and learners around the world and is changing how students feel about learning and about themselves.