Software Engineer, IXL Content
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 7 million students worldwide, is seeking Software Engineers with a passion for education to join our Content Engineering team and work on novel and challenging programming problems that will require creative thinking.
The IXL Content Engineering team is responsible for creating the code that powers the real-time generation of our adaptive content. By developing sophisticated content-creation algorithms and elegant interactions, we help craft an immersive learning experience that deepens students’ understanding and inspires a desire to explore. We produce highly modular code that is seamlessly integrated into IXL's skills. We implement interactive components that are intuitive enough for kindergarten learners, powerful enough to teach calculus, and performant and usable enough to make practice easy and fun.
The foundation of IXL.com is our ability to algorithmically generate exceptional questions and explanations. Your code will generate the questions that millions of students in over 190 countries will answer every day. You will own your projects from start to finish as they travel through our fast-paced development cycle. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions, and we are eager to have you join our team.
This is a full-time position in our Raleigh-Durham office.
International candidates encouraged to apply; H1B sponsorship is available.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop content-creation algorithms to generate adaptive questions for all our subjects
- Engage in every aspect of the development process, including design, coding, testing, debugging, and tuning
- Work with our front-end team to implement interactive components and integrate them into IXL's skills
- Collaborate closely with our design teams to create the best questions for our users
What We're Looking For
- 1+ years of experience in software engineering
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Excellent programming skills in Java or other object-oriented language
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate in a small team
- Passion for improving education through technology