Senior Professional Learning Specialist
IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 7 million students worldwide, is seeking an enthusiastic individual who has a passion for integrating technology and best practice instruction into schools and classroom to help all students achieve results.
As Senior Professional Learning Specialist, you will deliver high quality professional learning sessions (virtual and on-site) and services with a focus on supporting district administrators, building principals and other school leaders. You’ll also serve as a beacon of insight into current education trends, and help develop creative strategies for how schools and districts can use IXL to support those initiatives and achieve their instructional goals.
We are looking for a candidate who is highly organized, strategic, well-spoken, polished, and wants to be part of a collaborative, high-energy team. Additionally, our ideal candidate possesses a deep commitment to professional development best practice that equally supports teacher impact and company sales success.
What You'll Be Doing
- Deliver high quality live and virtual professional development sessions to customers to drive customer engagement and usage of IXL
- Travel domestically to deliver impactful professional development sessions to schools and districts – up to 50% possible travel
- Develop professional development materials that help schools and districts use IXL to support current instructional strategies and trends
- Serve as a thought leader on hot topic education issues in addition to well-established pedagogical frameworks
- Represent IXL as a keynote speaker at education/edtech conferences
- Partner with Customer Success and Sales team members to effectively manage and grow customer relationships
- Support school- and district-level sales opportunities as needed
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of educational professional development experience
- MUST either have experience as a school- or district-level administrator, OR have had extensive experience delivering PD to these audiences
- Experience teaching in a K-12 setting
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Familiarity with web-based technologies to support instruction
- Excellent interpersonal skills - dynamic, enthusiastic, upbeat individual who connects well with others and has a positive, collaborative attitude
- Organized, methodical, and detail-oriented; ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently, from start to finish
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-starter and quick learner with a passion for improving education through technology
- Experience using Salesforce.com, Google Apps, and WebEx products