PostgreSQL DB Engineer
The PostgreSQL Database Developer will be responsible for assessing migrated schema structures from Oracle to PostgreSQL RDS, identifying and fixing structural issues, data migration, and developing database code for GSA financial application. This is a central role in the development team that will be migrating the program’s back-end Oracle based databases into AWS PostgreSQL RDS. The candidate will be required to work with product owners, application developers, business analysts, and DBAs as needed.
- Assess migrated Oracle schema structures to PostgreSQL RDS, identify, recommend, and implement structural fixes.
- Implement and maintain database code in the form of stored procedures, scripts, queries, views, triggers, etc.
- Work closely with the Solutions Architect to implement effective and maintainable database coding practices that form an architectural foundation for PostgreSQL.
- Work closely with application developers, business analysts, testers, and DBAs to ensure efficiency of database code, integrity of data structures and quality of data content.
- Participate as a member in Agile teams, and work with other team members to review user stories, estimate effort to build functionality supporting user stories, and participate in sprint reviews.
- Develop ad hoc queries and optimize scripts within PostgreSQL RDS environment.
- Create documentation for database processes.
- Create and Maintain ETL processes and code.
- Optimize database schemas, maintain database jobs, and dictionaries.
- Optimize queries for high volume environments
- Fix issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures.
- Engage in application design and data modeling discussion
- Participate in developing and enforcing data security policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or relevant field with equivalent experience.
- 4+ years working as a database developer working with PostgreSQL
- Expert Level SQL, PL/pgSQL, including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views.
- Ability to efficiently write database code without compromising data quality, privacy or security.
- Knowledge of database design principles, query optimization, index management, integrity checks, statistics and isolation levels
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to evaluate alternative solutions and/or workarounds
- Knowledge of JSON and PostgreSQL support for JSON.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. Apache Cassandra) and NoSQL support in PostgreSQL
- Experience with message queuing, full text indexing, and other high-performance data concepts.
- Demonstrable experience working with huge, interdependent, complex datasets and data structures.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled. Unsolicited submissions or referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies (herein collectively “Vendors”) to Incentive Technology Group (ITG) will not be accepted or considered. ITG only accepts referrals or resumes directly from candidates; all other submissions, referrals and/or resumes are strictly prohibited and will be considered gratuitous. ITG does not pay referrals fees or any other fees for unsolicited submission, referrals and/or resume from Vendors. Such submission referrals and/or resume shall not be considered an acceptance of service or agreement to pay fees or create a binding agreement between ITG and the Vendor.