Incentive Technology Group (ITG) is seeking an experienced Project Manager to lead a complex systems application development and data management focused operations & maintenance contract for a federal organization.
The Project Manager must understand the customer mission requirements and lead the delivery team to provide solutions that meet or exceed those requirements, and ensure delivery of customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of all strategic and operational aspects of managing small to medium-size Federal programs by applying management methods and methodologies to drive excellence across the program. He/she will carry the ultimate responsibility for the program with all its dependencies and serves as the main point of contact for the client, business line, and executive management. A key characteristic for the successful candidate will be highly developed communications and client engagement skills.
The Engagement Manager will be accountable for:
- Successful performance of the program within boundaries of the negotiated cost, schedule, and requirements.
- Mapping future customer requirements to ITG core competencies.
- Development of program strategies that meet/exceed customer mission requirements
- Attend, lead and support client meetings and provide coordination support in a multi-vendor environment
- Leading the management team with ultimate responsibility for meeting technical, cost schedule, quality, financial and contractual performance commitments.
- Delivery of all contractual requirements, including, but not limited to software, documentation, proposals, plans, and specifications.
- Supporting invoicing process and related deliverables as necessary.
- Interpret, translate, and integrate program requirements into the Program Plan.
- Establish a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for the program / SOW proposal working with team leads. Leverage corporate templates.
- Ensure that all work streams are represented in all reporting, metrics, dashboards and other portfolio/program level deliverables.
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identify staffing requirements by program based on established program plan and ensure that project-staffing requirements are accurately communicated along with associated budget impacts/changes.
- Monitor compliance with program master plans and schedules, including milestones and performance.
- Mentor Team Leads.
- Ensure best practices are identified and implemented on the program.
- Institute daily meetings with program technical leads to ensure open communication, daily priorities, and issues.
- Escalate conflicts/issues within the projects to Executive Management for resolution.
- Identify & manage risk and opportunities to meet program objectives.
- Provide recognition and maintain morale and motivation of program staff.
- Provide Internal program reporting on a weekly basis.
- Coordinates with Practice Area leads and managers.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage resources, direct and indirect
- Ability to manage the day to day processes (not just resources)
- Ability to follow, implement, and manage Software Process Improvement
- Project Management Certification (i.e., PMP, ACP, CSM, SAFe, etc)
- Experience working in a software engineering environment following industry best practices such as CMMI or ITIL.
- Ability to translate business needs into non-technical/technical
- Management experience/knowledge of data management service delivery on RDBMS based platforms: Oracle, SQL, MySQL a PLUS
- Working knowledge of SOA, agile development, database administration
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task with a high degree of accuracy in a busy environment
- Strong organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills (mainly technical communication skills and not sales)
- Ability to collaborate within a diverse community and build strong working relationships
- Strong leadership skills including coordination with other contractors across the program
- Strong background in program budget and forecasting
- Excellent planning and execution skills.
- Current clearance and/or ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Project management experience with an undergraduate degree – Minimum 5 years
- Project Management software proficiency for scheduling and resource management (MS Project, etc)
- Risk Management experience – Minimum 3 years
- Knowledge/experience working in a SDLC from requirements to implementation – Minimum 5 years
- Leading and managing large number of staff (40+).
- Experience with running database operations teams (issue identification, triaging, tracking, escalation through tiers, resolution, maintenance, patching, upgrades, migrations, hardening, audits, etc.)
- Experience with operations and infrastructure contracts
- Experience with software development
- Experience managing “Tiger Team” type initiatives as assigned
- Managing and administering FFP, T&M, contracts.
- Managing multiple subcontractors and multiple subcontracts of various types and complexity.
- Experience with the Agile methodology, professional Agile certifications are desirable.
- Team building, fostering innovation, and creativity by developing a culture of learning through training and mentoring.
- Managing programs in excess of $5M per year.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled. Unsolicited submissions or referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies (herein collectively “Vendors”) to Incentive Technology Group (ITG) will not be accepted or considered. ITG only accepts referrals or resumes directly from candidates; all other submissions, referrals and/or resumes are strictly prohibited and will be considered gratuitous. ITG does not pay referrals fees or any other fees for unsolicited submission, referrals and/or resume from Vendors. Such submission referrals and/or resume shall not be considered an acceptance of service or agreement to pay fees or create a binding agreement between ITG and the Vendor.