Senior Oracle DBA
ITG is hiring an experienced Senior Oracle DBA with knowledge of the Oracle 11g, 12c multi-tenant, and RAC for a key business unit of the Census Bureau. The Senior DBA will be responsible for:
- Operations & Support of database environments deployed in a 12c Multitenant Architecture
- Tuning, optimization and troubleshooting multiple environments (20+), stand-alone and pluggable databases, SQL and PL/SQL routines.
- Operational responsibilities will include supervising performance of database installations, configurations, and migrations as required
- Analyzing performance issues and providing recommendations to application teams
- Proactively diagnosing and resolving problems affecting database systems
- Maintaining database configurations in compliance with release management, change management, and office of information security requirements
- Implement Upgrades of databases from 11g to 12c Multitenant
- Implement Upgrades of Multi-tenant databases from 12c (126.96.36.199) to 188.8.131.52
- Deploy, upgrade, operate, and managing databases in 12c Multi-tenant deployed on Exadata Engineered Systems
- Troubleshoot issues related to Oracle RAC (Node Evictions, Node Reboots)
- Deploy Oracle ASM and troubleshooting ASM related issues
- Perform daily activities like production support and continuous database monitoring.
- Leverage tools like OEM, AWR, ASH, ADDM Expdp/Impdp, SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL Plan Baselines.
- Apply patches like Critical Patch Updates (CPU), Patch Set Updates (PSU), and One-Off Patches, Interim patches, DST, and Patch sets.
- Deploy Oracle Wallet configurations
- Implement TDE security configurations
- Deploy Hot/Cold Backup and Recovery of databases using RMAN
- Deploy Database Recovery Techniques
- Implement database environments refresh using data pump
- Implement Oracle Transportable Tablespace (TTS)
- Implement Oracle database provisioning and cloning techniques
- Implement Oracle standby database server deployments, architecture, configuration, implementation, operations, and management
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Senior Oracle DBA position (with a graduate/postgraduate degree) in the field of information technology.
- Experience as a Senior Oracle DBA working with Oracle 11g/12c Multi-tenant RAC and Exadata running on a variety of operating systems (Linux (RHEL), Solaris 11).
- Experience with Oracle Backup Design Planning.
- Expertise with Oracle Database Security - Wallet Configuration & TDE Deployments for 12c Multi-Tenant
- Experience with Oracle Database Upgrade mechanisms of different versions and on various platforms
- Strong hands-on experience with Oracle ASM configuration, deployments, and troubleshooting.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting SQL*Loader/PL/SQL Data Loads for Performance, Coding and Infrastructure issues.
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting for automating regular data loading and other database maintenance activities.
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities to address complex issues involving data movement and data replication.
- Proven ability to resolve architectural issues in the environment and database infrastructure, as well as develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the database architecture and the application functionality.
- Strong hands-on Experience with the Oracle RMAN Backup and Restore, Export and Import Data Pump utilities.
- Experience working with Oracle 13c OEM for database monitoring.
- Experience with Oracle database provisioning and cloning techniques
- Experience with Oracle Standby Database Server deployments
Candidate must be able to obtain a moderate risk Federal public trust clearance. The public trust clearance process authorizes the Federal government to perform background investigation for identifying negative criminal, medical, and financial findings. It should be understood that if an offer for employment is accepted that continued employment in the position is contingent upon obtaining the clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled. Unsolicited submissions or referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies (herein collectively “Vendors”) to Incentive Technology Group (ITG) will not be accepted or considered. ITG only accepts referrals or resumes directly from candidates; all other submissions, referrals and/or resumes are strictly prohibited and will be considered gratuitous. ITG does not pay referrals fees or any other fees for unsolicited submission, referrals and/or resume from Vendors. Such submission referrals and/or resume shall not be considered an acceptance of service or agreement to pay fees or create a binding agreement between ITG and the Vendor.