Senior Business Analyst
ITG is seeking a motivated Senior Business Analyst to support upcoming project needs in Suitland, MD. The Sr. Business Analyst will be responsible for leading and advising ITG clients while eliciting and analyzing business requirements and translating into documentation and conceptual design from which applications and solutions are developed. As a translator between technical teams and the client’s business community, the Senior Analyst ensures business analysis scope is understood and determines the appropriate analysis effort necessary for the initiative. This position is within the context of an Agile team employing Scrum and/or SAFe development frameworks.
This position will be working directly with stakeholders and must be able to communicate effectively in person and virtually as many stakeholders work remotely. The Senior Business Analyst will support the CSM in identifying technical and human resources in order to complete projects; will support the development team with technical issues and solutions to be implemented, and help to identify risks and mitigation strategies needed to meet our client commitments. The Senior Analyst will elicit, reconcile, and relate Product Owner, end user, SME, and Stakeholder input and requirements. The Senior Analyst is responsible for Requirements Management and will assist with solution configuration when appropriate.
The ideal candidate should have the proclivity to detect overlapping functions, interdepartmental dependencies, provide both tactical and strategic thinking, and find creative and effective ways to communicate with stakeholders. The ideal candidate will also know to focus on client purpose and value at all times.
In addition to supporting all phases of the project, this position will also be responsible for authoring content and peer reviewing a wide array of documents, including functional, technical, training as well as marketing, and proposals. The Senior Business Analyst will review deliverables, perform quality assurance, produce and update management documents, including reports, action items, meeting minutes, weekly and monthly status reports.
- Bachelor Degree
- 6 years experience as a business analyst in a fast-paced application development environment working on multiple project types such as new development, and enhancements/support
- 6 years recent experience working in an agile development environment as a business analyst (i.e., scrum, kanban, etc.)
- Must be eligible and able to maintain background investigation for public trust clearance, U.S. Citizen only
- Experienced in applying common best practices to create conceptual business models (BPMs) and to identify relevant issues and considerations in developing new software
- Comprehensive understanding of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) including recent successful and demonstrated experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, SAFe), Requirements Management and Configuration Management methodologies, along with corresponding support tools, etc.
- Demonstrable non-developer understanding of Object Oriented software system development processes, methodologies, as well as major technologies (such as Java) and approaches (such as modularity and SOA)
- Documenting client requirements
- Documenting acceptance criteria
- Assists in internal functional testing activities
- Assists in process engineering activities
- Re- engineering business processes to support client initiatives and needs, identifying and communicating process improvements, process modeling, and documentation
- Developing functional designs and performing gap analysis on current state processes
- Facilitates requirements gathering meetings, such as interviews, with the ability to capture client requirements and feedback
- Teamwork-focused/collaborative work style
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and generate enthusiasm among team members.
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational and product management skills.
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office as it relates to producing project management deliverables, i.e., MS Project and Project Server for task management, Excel for reporting and data analysis, Word for status reporting and PowerPoint for status communication and project briefings
- Must exhibit confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Ability to push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets is required.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously is required.
- Ability to communicate difficult sensitive information tactfully is required.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts is required.
- Ability to lead and negotiate business solutions that balance technical capability, cost, and time, against business need is required.
- Ability to work independently with users to define concepts
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Writing and/or reviewing test cases and test scripts
- Contributes to training material and Test/Use Cases
- Possesses coaching, Mentoring and Teaching skills
- Practice knowledge transfer and foster change management
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled. Unsolicited submissions or referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies (herein collectively “Vendors”) to Incentive Technology Group (ITG) will not be accepted or considered. ITG only accepts referrals or resumes directly from candidates; all other submissions, referrals and/or resumes are strictly prohibited and will be considered gratuitous. ITG does not pay referrals fees or any other fees for unsolicited submission, referrals and/or resume from Vendors. Such submission referrals and/or resume shall not be considered an acceptance of service or agreement to pay fees or create a binding agreement between ITG and the Vendor.