Program Associate, Community Solutions Program, Leadership Practice
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals research their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create persons-to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a Program Associate for its Leadership Practice to provide support to the Community Solutions Program, a professional fellowship and leadership development program funded by the U.S. Department of State. Participants age 25-38 from 87 countries complete a four-month practicum and leadership development course in the United States before returning home to implement community development projects. The Program Associate will support all aspects of the program lifecycle.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and networking ability
- High level of intercultural competence
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated commitment to international education or professional development programming
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience providing administrative support in an office setting
- Master’s degree in international education, international relations, international development, intercultural communication, leadership, or another relevant field
- Experience advising international students, scholars, or fellows
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and reporting monitoring and evaluation data
- Experience supporting alumni relations
- Experience studying, working, or volunteering internationally
- Experience implementing a professional social media campaign
- Experience coordinating events with 100 or more attendees
- Experience facilitating workshops or speaking in front of large audiences
- Experience using Outlook, Salesforce, Formstack, Power BI, InterviewStream, and advanced features and functions in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with the culture and language of one or more countries eligible for the Community Solutions Program
Your Daily Tasks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise program participants and liaise with host organization representatives and volunteers
- Represent the program to external partners during phone calls and in-person meetings and events
- Contribute to program monitoring, evaluation, learning, and data management efforts
- Serve as an active connector for the program’s network of participants, alumni, hosts, and volunteers
- Contribute to the program’s communications efforts, including social media, success stories, and program reports
- Support the recruitment and selection of participants and practicum host organizations
- Assist in matching participants with practicum host organizations
- Coordinate event logistics and make travel bookings
- Support participants through the pre-arrival administrative process
- Assist with financial tracking, procurement, payment processing, and credit card reconciliation.
- Other duties as assigned
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
Successful candidates are subject to background screenings
This position is eligible for Telework.
This position is NOT eligible for Immigration Sponsorship
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE