Digital Video Content Expert
Expert for digital video content – call for application
About the project
IREX is implementing the USAID Strengthening Media Systems Project (SMS) in Serbia to improve the regulatory, legislative and economic environment for Serbian media. It aims to support the development of a more enabling legal, regulatory and market environment for media, as well as support the development of financial sustainability, innovation, and partnership in the Serbia sector.
We are aiming to provide on-site, and online expert support for small, local and regional independent media in Serbia, to promote (new, wide) partnerships and to help outlets to find a way towards financial sustainability through promoting and practicing change in their overall mindset, business models and content creation and distribution, with focus on media networking, community building and promotional activities.
About the position
IREX Serbia is searching for an expert for digital video content who will train media outlets in producing high quality multimedia and engaging video content suitable for different channels of digital distribution. The expert will help media outlets engage in mobile journalism as well as use their own platforms and social networking tools to disseminate content. The expert will work closely with IREX staff in monitoring progress and assisting selected outlets create and tailor digital content with an aim to enhance audience reach and engagement and create content that could be monetized.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop a training session plan and provide hands-on trainings in multimedia storytelling, digital video content and mobile journalism to staff of several media outlets;
- Closely work with IREX staff and other mentors/trainers to help digital media outlets to increase audience reach, engagement and monetization opportunities through creation of new content formats;
- Provide remote and on-site mentoring;
- Set milestones, track performance and report to IREX on progress; and
- Submit a final report and all the materials created with/for the media outlets during the process.
Expected outcomes of the expert support
- Participants in trainings will be able to produce high quality digital video content and engage in mobile journalism;
- Participants will be able to use digital tools for recording, editing and publishing video content;
- Participants will have deeper understanding of multimedia storytelling and how digital content engages audience and creates opportunities for wider reach;
- Several media outlets with new content formats that can be used for increasing reach, deeper audience engagement and monetization.
March – August 2019
Required skills and qualifications
- Relevant experience in digital media;
- Ability to use and train others to use digital editing software applications
- Proven understanding of digital media systems and audience engagement mechanisms;
- Experience in delivering education and trainings;
- Proven understanding of Serbian media landscape and the environment in which Serbian media are operating; and
- Languages: fluency in Serbian and English.
Application and deadline
Interested service providers - individuals and companies – are invited to submit the following documents:
- CV that emphasizes relevant experience and detailed description of roles and responsibilities for this assignment;
- Relevant working experience (single page document) - with examples of their previous work relevant for this assignment with three references;
Requested materials must be submitted no later than February 18, 2019 in electronic form to the email email@example.com.
IREX may at its discretion ask for additional information.
Issuing this call does not commit IREX or the USAID Strengthening Media Systems Project to select any proposal/expert.
IREX reserves the right, based on availability of funding and consultant performance, to increase the duration and/or enter into subsequent contractual agreements with the selected experts.
This is considered a consultancy position and trainers/mentors/experts will be paid on a per day basis at a rate that will be determined in discussions with IREX staff in Belgrade and Washington, DC.
USAID Strengthening Media Systems (SMS) Project
Uzun Mirkova 3, 11000 Belgrade, Republic of Serbia