Web Analytics Expert
Expert in web analytics – call for application
About the project
IREX is implementing the USAID Strengthening Media Systems Project (SMS) in Serbia to improve the regulatory, legislative and economic environment for Serbian media. It aims to support the development of a more enabling legal, regulatory and market environment for media, as well as support the development of financial sustainability, innovation, and partnership in the Serbia sector.
We are aiming to provide on-site, and online expert support for small, local and regional independent media in Serbia, to promote (new, wide) partnerships and to help outlets to find a way towards financial sustainability through promoting and practicing change in their overall mindset, business models and content creation and distribution, with focus on media networking, community building and promotional activities.
About the position
IREX Serbia is searching for an expert in web analytics who will analyze website traffic data collected by selected digital media outlets, create in-depth reports and provide training in web analytics for newsrooms and sales departments of those outlets. The selected expert in web analytics will work closely with IREX staff in monitoring and assisting selected outlets to use traffic data to improve their editorial and business decision making. The expert will also help outlets use traffic data to identify new opportunities for audience engagement with aim to improve their financial sustainability.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide web analytics trainings to editors, journalists, sales staff of several media outlets;
- Help specific digital media outlets to nurture or to start the process of creating a data-driven culture in their newsrooms and sales departments;
- Analyze existing traffic data (Google Analytics) and create reports with recommendations for improved tracking;
- As needed, work with selected media outlets to create action plans for measuring audience engagement;
- As needed, work with selected media outlets to set analytics software on outlets’ websites or creating events and other tracking methods in the analytics directly;
- Provide online and on-site mentoring for up to three months to specific media outlets;
- Set milestones and track performance; and
- Submit a final report and all the materials created with/for the media outlets during the process.
Expected outcomes of the expert support
- Several media outlets will incorporate data in their day-to-day and long-term editorial and business decision making processes;
- Participants in trainings will have enhanced knowledge on data analysis and data tools (Google Analytics, Piwik and similar); and
- Participants will be able to apply their knowledge in one or more of the following areas: creating content, editing content, understanding audience needs, improving audience engagement, improving audience reach, and outreach to potential clients.
March – August 2019
Required skills and qualifications
- Expertise in Google Analytics, data analysis and other tools such are Piwik, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager etc.
- Relevant experience in media and/or advertising industry;
- Experience in delivering education and trainings;
- Proven understanding of digital media systems and advertising business models in digital media;
- Proven understanding of Serbian media landscape and the environment in which Serbian media are operating; and
- Languages: fluency in Serbian and English.
Application and deadline
Interested service providers - individuals and companies – are invited to submit the following documents:
- CV that emphasizes relevant experience and detailed description of roles and responsibilities for this assignment;
- Relevant working experience (single page document) - with examples of their previous work relevant for this assignment with three references;
Requested materials must be submitted no later than February 18, 2019 in electronic form to the email email@example.com.
IREX may at its discretion ask for additional information.
Issuing this call does not commit IREX or the USAID Strengthening Media Systems Project to select any proposal/expert.
IREX reserves the right, based on availability of funding and consultant performance, to increase the duration and/or enter into subsequent contractual agreements with the selected experts.
USAID Strengthening Media Systems (SMS) Project
Uzun Mirkova 3, 11000 Belgrade, Republic of Serbia