Development Coordinator, New Business Development Unit
Who We are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals research their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create persons-to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- Demonstrated commitment to a career in international development, with at least 2 years of professional office work experience at either an international development organization, national NGO, USG funding agency, or Government contracting organization; experience in business development strongly preferred
- Experience in the design and preparation of proposals for donor organizations, including USAID and other U.S. government agencies preferred
- Proven organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize, and maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated capability to work independently and as part of a team, to take initiative, and meet deadlines within strict time constraints
- Knowledge in governance, civil society, media, technology, youth, or education development sectors preferred
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Comfort with numbers and budgets, and facility with Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and a positive attitude
- Ability to engage pro-actively with a wide range of partners, experts and other contacts
- Ability to represent IREX publicly, including in person and through digital platforms
- Geographic expertise and/or proficiency in a second language preferred.
Your Daily Tasks
- Support all aspects of designing and preparing proposals in response to donor funding opportunities across all IREX practices
- Coordinate proposals for USG and bi-lateral donors
- Coordinate a combination of bids simultaneously
- Conduct research on existing programming, possible partners, design approaches, potential personnel and other assignments
- Research costing issues, develop budgets and prepare cost proposals
- Assist in recruitment of staff and preparation of staffing documents for proposals
- Prepare written and visual components of proposals, to include drafting attachments and other sections of proposals as needed
- Assist with editing, proofreading, and formatting proposal documents
- Advance development of partnerships with local, regional and international organizations
- Support the New Business Development Unit with administrative tasks as assigned
- Assist with data entry, cleaning, and management of Salesforce for the NBDU
- Monitor donor databases to identify potential funding opportunities for the New Business Development Team to pursue.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
Successful candidates are subject to background screenings
This position is eligible for Telework.
This position is NOT eligible for Immigration Sponsorship
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled