DATE REVISED: May 20, 2020
GRADE: Consultant (with potential to become Part or Full Time Hire)
POSITION TITLE: Psychosocial Trainer
REPORTS TO: SAFE Regional Manager
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
The Psychosocial Trainer, under the supervision of the Regional Manager, will be hired to prepare and deliver regionally contextualized safety trainings and workshops to journalists and other media practitioners.
Please note this position is part time with an expected approximate 100 working days per year.
The position is open to all qualified applicants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure integrated approach to trainings and training activities through working closely with other program trainers, as well as other program staff and consultants;
- Review and help develop and/or contextualize training material with a psychosocial perspective;
- Create and deliver contextualized lessons/assistance in psychosocial care including risk management, stress management, basic psychosocial planning, incident management, and information management and communication, that reflect an integrated safety framework;
- Support the development and updating of M&E tools that take into account local context and beneficiary profile;
- Support the program staff and consultants with leadership and specialized technical support in Gender and Social Inclusion;
- Work with the Manager and technical team to develop and update training curriculum as needed;
- Coordinate with the Manager on needs assessment and risk assessment work prior to trainings as needed;
- Coordinate with the Manager on psychosocial support follow-ups with training participants as needed;
- Report on activities as required by Regional Manager;
- Participate in skill share with team and peers;
- Participate in meetings and/or calls with staff; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Manager and Program Director.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Please upload a file that includes a resume and a cover letter that together address your ability to meet the following requirements. Please include your salary range requirements. Prior to engagement you will be requested to provide references. A successful reference check is required before finalizing any consulting agreement.
- Strong understanding of principles behind psychological interventions, usually demonstrated by a Masters, PsyD, or PhD in Psychology, required;
- 3-5 years’ experience conducting trainings, specifically training individuals in security or emergency protocols preferred;
- Demonstrated expertise in areas such as training programming, and curriculum development;
- Knowledge of journalism sector as well as operating environment and media landscape in MENA region;
- Excellent management, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Gender and social inclusion integration/experience with gender and social inclusion sensitive trainings.
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English and Arabic required;
- Valid passport and travel permissions required, for potential international travel; and
- Experience of working constructively as part of a small team.
IREX conducts anti- terrorism database clearances on candidates who accept employment offers.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE