Consultant - Interpreter
POSITION TITLE: Consultant-Interpreter
REPORTS TO: Program Representative
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
IREX seeks English-Arabic/Arabic-English interpreters based in Europe, preferably in Germany. Selected Interpreters will be responsible for consecutive and/or simultaneous interpretation between speakers of Arabic and English. Preferred candidates will have experience providing services to media and telecommunications clients, as well as knowledge of terminology in media and communications subject matter areas. Candidates should be able to process information quickly and concisely, recognize sensitive cultural differences, and be professional and courteous at all times.
- Certification in English-Arabic-English interpretation/translation preferred;
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in simultaneous interpretation and/or consecutive interpretation services preferred [please provide references for any simultaneous translation services performed];
- Previous experience providing interpretation services for radio and television production organizations preferred [please provide references from applicable radio and television production organizations];
- Willingness to work in a flexible manner in terms of number of working hours, days of work, and ability to mobilize at short notice;
- Ability to follow instructions of clients, manages the flow of the conversation to ensure every detail of the conversation is captured and communicated;
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, clear enunciation, pronunciation, pleasant and professional voice as well as polite forms of expressions; and,
To Apply: Please send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Add “Interpreter - Germany” in the subject of the email.
Application deadline: Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.