Date Revised: October 7, 2019
Practice: Information & Media
Position Title: Program and Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: Riga, Latvia
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $80 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks a qualified Program and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator to provide technical and operational support to the Media Literacy in the Baltics Program. In partnership with local universities, the program will support future media professionals to provide audiences with quality journalism and heightened awareness of disinformation. The program will also adapt IREX’s Learn to Discern (L2D) approach to media literacy for citizens which employs a hands-on training methodology to build critical information consumption skills, so that people are better able to identify manipulation, distinguish disinformation from facts, and engage with and responsibly share content across various forms of media.
The Program and M&E Coordinator will be based in Riga and will report to the Riga-based the Program Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative and logistical support to Media Literacy in the Baltics
- Track a wide range of information and data, maintaining accuracy and completeness
- Coordinate events, including organizing materials, venue, catering, participant travel, etc.
- Support program initiatives and participants, including engagement activities, outreach, monitoring, and mentoring
- Support development of curriculum and training materials
- In coordination with the Program Manager ensure that the project is implemented according to project plan through monitoring outcomes
- Conduct ongoing M&E of outcomes, trainings, and materials, including coordination of M&E implementation with staff in Lithuania and Estonia
- Track M&E results to inform learning, implementation, and reporting
- Based on results and data, support program in developing strategies for program improvement
- Develop and tailor M&E tools as needed
- Coordinate communications and reporting
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with and interest in media, media literacy, and/or formal and nonformal education (higher education and/or high schools) in the Baltics
- Knowledge of and experience with program and event management
- Experience in training and facilitation preferred, particularly working with youth (high school and university students)
- Demonstrated experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning efforts or strong background in data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Experience conducting M&E for training and education projects preferred
- Experience in designing, establishing, and tailoring M&E tools and processes preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, knowledge of other statistical software a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral presentation skills
- Excellent cross-cultural and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality written reporting in English
- Ability to communicate professionally in English, Latvian, and Russian
IREX conducts anti- terrorism database clearances on candidates who accept employment offers. IREX is also an E-Verify Employer.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE