Psychosocial Safety ToT Expert- Consultant
IREX is planning and, contingent upon funding, will implement a training-of-trainers expansion of an existing media project in South Asia. The Psychosocial Safety ToT Expert will be responsible for the design, preparation and delivery of holistic safety ToT workshops.
The position is open to all qualified applicants. IREX will prioritize candidates from the South Asia region (e.g. Thailand, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Indonesia). This position is part time with an expected approximate 50 working days/year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with the Center Manager, M&E staff and other Trainers prepare tailored Training of Trainers (ToT) trainings for media practitioners and human rights defenders in South Asia;
- Design, develop, review and contextualize lessons and training material to train individuals to become psychosocial safety trainers;
- Provide trainings and ToTs focused on psychosocial care/ safety including risk management, stress management, basic psychosocial planning, incident management, and information management and communication;
- Build capacity and mentor the ToT recipient organizations after the ToT as they develop and conduct their trainings;
- Provide mentoring and support to partner organizations, media outlets and CSOs;
- Ensure integrated approach to trainings and training activities (i.e. standard operating procedures and risk-mitigation strategies) through working closely with other program trainers, as well as other program staff and consultants;
- Under direction of Center Manager, and in coordination with trainers, provide input to and develop standard operating procedures for programmatic operations;
- Provide emergency psychosocial support to at-risk individuals an organizations as needed and in coordination with the Center Manager;
- Support program Monitoring & Evaluation by reporting on activities as required by Center Manager and in coordination with the M&E staff and other trainers;
- Other duties as assigned by the Center Manager and Program Director.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Please upload a file that includes a resume and a cover letter that includes your salary range (daily rate in $ USD) requirements. Finalists will be asked to provide references.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field required.
- Three years of demonstrated experience in successfully conducting trainings AND ToTs; preferably focused on psychosocial care and safety;
- Strong knowledge of digital safety tools and training strategies;
Strong understanding of principles behind psychological interventions, usually demonstrated by a Masters, PsyD, or PhD in Psychology, other relevant academic degree, or qualifications that the employer considers to be equivalent;
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning techniques; knowledge and use of interactive methods in training;
- Experience in designing trainings and developing and tailoring curricula, training content and methodology;
- Strong knowledge of the South Asia operating environment, especially as it relates to the media and civil society landscape;
- Experience working in high-risk environments or emergency situations;
- Experience in training in coordination with other trainers and coordinating content and methodology; must be open to learning and adapting training material for a holistic approach as well as piloting new adult learning techniques as needed;
- Basic understanding of digital and physical safety domains and their integrated properties with psychosocial safety;
- IREX will prioritize psychosocial safety experts from the South Asia region with experience of working in South Asia on holistic safety or on the psychosocial domain;
- Excellent communicator and mentor in face-to-face meetings as well as in remote/online settings;
- Ability to communicate and train across different cultures;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English;
- Dedicated trainer, role model and mentor with attention to detail, and with a strong commitment to share her/his knowledge with future colleagues;
- Valid passport and travel permission, for potential international travel; and
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and adapt to new program activity requirements and helping others to stay on track.