Who We Are:
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
What You'll Do:
Who You Are:
- Field finance point of contact for internal assurance review of field office financial documentation;
- Assists in reviewing all field office financial reporting for high-quality and audit-readiness;
- Assists in review of monthly Field Office Expense Reports including review of supporting documentation to ensure costs are in compliance with IREX policies, procedures and best practices, as well as with funder requirements;
- Reviews accounting journals in Field Office Expense Reports for correct account coding;
- Co-ordinates internal assurance review communication to the field offices;
- Manages electronic organization of internal assurance documents and records to ensure that documentation is complete and accessible;
- Provides organizational support for IREX yearly external audit;
- Assists with upload of Field Office Expense Reports into Costpoint 7 accounting system on monthly basis;
- Assists in maintaining advance account reconciliations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree received or in progress in Finance, Business Administration, Audit, International Affairs, or related field;
- 1-2 years of relevant professional experience preferred;
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask, prioritize, and remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines in a fast-paced working environment;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with high degree of customer service orientation and demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point applications.