Outreach and Social Media Expert
Expert for outreach and social media – call for application
About the project
IREX is implementing the USAID Strengthening Media Systems Project (SMS) in Serbia to improve the regulatory, legislative and economic environment for Serbian media. It aims to support the development of a more enabling legal, regulatory and market environment for media, as well as support the development of financial sustainability, innovation, and partnership in the Serbia sector.
We are aiming to provide on-site, and online expert support for small, local and regional independent media in Serbia, to promote (new, wide) partnerships and to help outlets to find a way towards financial sustainability through promoting and practicing change in their overall mindset, business models and content creation and distribution, with focus on media networking, community building and promotional activities.
About the position
IREX Serbia is searching for an expert/agency for outreach and social media who would help specific media outlets to improve their outreach and networking activities, aiming at better communication and mobilization of their local audiences through various digital channels.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct analysis and assessment on social network and digital content promotional activities of selected media outlets;
- Educate the media outlets on how to research and understand their audiences and their needs, interests and demographic characteristics using online tools and insights from their social media channels;
- Provide training and mentoring to specific media outlets (offline and online) on how to communicate on social media and mobilize local audiences using various digital tools and techniques;
- Training and education on how to plan and create content for digital channels;
- Develop multiple, tailor-made long-term outreach communication strategies focused on digital channels and mobilization of local audiences for specific media outlets;
- Develop a one-year action plan for the specific media outlets that follows and ensures the implementation of strategy (setting goals, milestones, metrics, KPI’s, personnel, resources etc.)
- Ensure proper implementation of developed strategies by monitoring, assisting and providing feedback; and
- Submit a final report and all the materials created with/for the media outlets during the process.
Expected outcomes of the expert support
- Mentees within selected media outlets have gained basic knowledge on how to communicate with their targeted audiences using digital channels, and they have a better understanding on how to plan and implement various outreach activities;
- Media outlets have gained knowledge in creating different formats of content for various digital channels; and
- Selected media outlets have developed outreach and communication strategies with their respective one-year action plans for selected media outlets.
March – August 2019
Required skills and qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in working with digital media outlets and promotion of their digital media content;
- Experience in social network management and strategy development;
- Ability to identify local influencers;
- Demonstrated experience in lecturing and/or mentoring;
- Excellent English language skills, including the ability to draft reports in English;
- Strong organizational and communications skills;
- Proven understanding of Serbian media landscape and the environment in which Serbian media are operating;
- Languages: fluency in Serbian and English.
Application and deadline
Interested service providers - individuals and companies – are invited to submit the following documents:
- CV that emphasizes relevant experience and detailed description of roles and responsibilities for this assignment;
- Relevant working experience (single page document) - with examples of their previous work relevant for this assignment with three references;
- Concept proposal (single page document) - that briefly describes their vision on how this activity may be implemented.
Requested materials must be submitted no later than February 18, 2019 in electronic form to the email email@example.com.
IREX may at its discretion ask for additional information.
Issuing this call does not commit IREX or the USAID Strengthening Media Systems Project to select any proposal/expert. IREX reserves the right, based on availability of funding and consultant performance, to increase the duration and/or enter into subsequent contractual agreements with the selected experts.
USAID Strengthening Media Systems (SMS) Project
Uzun Mirkova 3, 11000 Belgrade, Republic of Serbia