Program Coordinator, Education Practice (New)
Who We Are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create person to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
The Program Coordinator will support administration of a virtual exchange program for U.S. high school for U.S. high school students and students in Ghana that focuses on preparing and inspiring students for careers in the STEM workforce. In this role, the Program Coordinator will support the development and formatting of learning and outreach materials, manage travel and payment administration and logistics, and support development of virtual learning environment and virtual conferences and events. This position is contingent on anticipated funding.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 2+ years of relevant experience;
- Experience planning or implementing domestic or international education programs, especially related to virtual exchange or in an online learning environment, is highly desirable.
- Ability to work well on a team, including eliciting and incorporating input, delegating tasks, and providing respectful feedback where appropriate;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment, remain agile and flexible while adhering to strict deadlines;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Outstanding interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Very strong time management, multitasking, and organizational skills; and
- Speaking, reading and writing proficiency in English required.
- You must demonstrate valid proof of unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Your Daily Tasks
- Provide administrative and logistic support for all program needs.
- Lead logistical preparation for program travel and for virtual and in-person events.
- Support implementation of the virtual exchange program workplan, as directed by the Senior Program Officer and Senior Technical Advisor.
- Draft sections of program reporting, teaching and learning materials.
- Contribute to the development and formatting of learning and outreach materials.
- Accurately performs financial administration tasks, including reviewing subaward financial reporting and making payment requests.
- Support procurement related processes including the development of RFPs.
- Serve as point of contact for teacher facilitators when assigned.
- Respond to information requests from IREX’s new business development unit when assigned.
- Communicate regularly with other members of the virtual exchange program team and keep supervisor and others informed about changes in timelines and priorities.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
Successful candidates are subject to background screenings.
This position is eligible for Telework.
This position is/is not ineligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled