Native Advertising Expert
Expert for native advertising - call for application
About the project
IREX is implementing the USAID Strengthening Media Systems Project (SMS) in Serbia to improve the regulatory, legislative and economic environment for Serbian media. It aims to support the development of a more enabling legal, regulatory and market environment for media, as well as support the development of financial sustainability, innovation, and partnership in the Serbia sector.
We are aiming to provide on-site, and online expert support for small, local and regional independent media in Serbia, to promote (new, wide) partnerships and to help outlets to find a way towards financial sustainability through promoting and practicing change in their overall mindset, business models and content creation and distribution, with focus on media networking, community building and promotional activities.
About the position
The expert for native content will work with SMS staff in monitoring and assisting selected media outlets in native content creation and distribution, as well as in identifying possible local clients for native advertising and providing expertise on monetizing native content/advertising.
Duties and responsibilities
- Help specific digital media outlets to improve, create and monetize native content;
- Analyze existing advertising models and content published by specific digital media outlets;
- Provide trainings to editors, journalists, and sales staff on all aspects of creating and distributing native advertising content, including but not limited to marking content, targeting audiences, and channeling content through social media channels:
- Provide online and on-site mentoring during up to three-month period to specific media outlets;
- Identify possible local clients for native advertising and help outlets reaching out to them;
- Set milestones and track performance; and
- Submit a final report and all the materials created with/for the media outlets during the process.
Expected outcomes of the expert support
- Participants will have enhanced knowledge about native advertising’s potential as well as native content creation and distribution;
- Selected media outlets will have uniform procedures when dealing with native advertising; and
- Participants will be able to identify opportunities and develop content that can improve financial sustainability of their media outlet.
March – August 2019
Required skills and qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in creating native content and identifying opportunities to generate additional revenue through native advertising
- Proven experience in delivering education and trainings;
- Proven understanding of media systems and advertising business models in the digital sphere;
- Proven understanding of Serbian media landscape and the environment in which Serbian media are operating; and
- Languages: fluency in Serbian and English.
Application and deadline
Interested service providers - individuals and companies – are invited to submit the following documents:
- CV that emphasizes relevant experience and detailed description of roles and responsibilities for this assignment;
- Relevant working experience (single page document) - with examples of their previous work relevant for this assignment with three references;
- Concept proposal (single page document) - that briefly describes their vision on how this activity may be implemented.
Requested materials must be submitted no later than February 18, 2018 in electronic form to the email email@example.com.
IREX may at its discretion ask for additional information.
Issuing this call does not commit IREX or the USAID Strengthening Media Systems Project to select any proposal/expert.
IREX reserves the right, based on availability of funding and consultant performance, to increase the duration and/or enter into subsequent contractual agreements with the selected experts.
USAID Strengthening Media Systems (SMS) Project
Uzun Mirkova 3, 11000 Belgrade, Republic of Serbia