Senior Director of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Director of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting to drive accurate, compliant, and timely financial reporting. You will be an owner of the vision and overall success of the reporting, technical accounting, and revenue recognition at IPSY. Are you a CPA with an interest to grow your career in the industry by bringing your technical knowledge and experience while also acquiring and growing critical operational accounting skills with upward mobility? If so, we want to hear from you.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Oversee external SEC financial reporting process, including 10Q's, 10K's, and 8K's, other financial reporting as required, and other governmental statutory reporting
- Oversee revenue recognition process, working with revenue manager, to ensure revenue recognition in line with company policies and US GAAP
- Manage to account for stock-based compensation, including valuation, and collaboration with Payroll and Stock Administration
- Draft and implement key policies and procedures and drive implementation and training of new reporting standards
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions including due diligence, purchase price accounting and integration and preparation of SEC & other filings related to acquisitions, as applicable, including the preparation of pro forma financial information
- Maintain the relationship with external auditors, provide pragmatic solutions and alternatives to challenging reporting requests and inquiries
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build streamlined and scalable processes and achieve maximum efficiency to support growth
- Ownership of monthly flux variance analysis and thorough understanding of monthly results
- Collaborate with the Legal and FP&A to develop releases, communication, and compliance
What We’re Looking For:
- 15+ years of relevant work experience driving the corporate accounting policies and processes. Ideally with Big 4, public company and IPO experience (4+ years at a Big 4 public accounting firm at the Manager+ level)
- A hands-on style and the ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast-moving company with a wide variety of strategic initiative
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of the U.S. GAAP, SOX 404, and SEC reporting standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, from staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties
- Experiences in SEC filings, GAAP reporting requirements, maintenance of appropriate documentation to support all disclosures in SEC filings
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.