IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking to hire a highly motivated accounting professional to join our growing team at IPSY who is able to handle multiple projects or tasks simultaneously with excellent attention to detail!
Are you someone who thrives and enjoys working in a dynamic environment to support our continued growth? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Prepare and analyze complex and a high volume of journal entries. Maintain and balance accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
- Estimate, analyze, and record month-end expense accruals to expense ledger accounts and balance sheet accounts. Drive expense reporting process and A/P process to facilitate close and department expense analysis and is responsible for the results
- Experience with revenue/deferred revenue calculations for subscription business/e-commerce or inventory reconciliations
- Maintain the general ledger by preparing a trial balance and reconciling entries
- Summarize financial result status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other financial statements
- Assist with external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information to auditors. Support annual independent audit and regulatory audits as required
- Support in improving the Company’s existing accounting procedures and internal controls and seek opportunities to improve accounting operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop, implement and maintain key policies and procedures for your area of responsibilities
- Researching technical accounting guidance and documenting conclusions as they relate to IPSY
- Provide ongoing support to business partners
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 4 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA (preferred). Big 4 (3+ years) and private industry experience (1+ years) are strongly desired
- Excellent technical accounting skills with a detailed understanding of current GAAP standards
- Retail or e-commerce experience is strongly preferred
- Responsible for inventory/revenue accounting processes
- Public company experience is a plus
- Experience with ERP system. NetSuite is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, Vlookup, Sumif, etc.) and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets and build reports
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills needed to develop collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams
Bonus if You Have:
- Possess a strong analytical mind and able to juggle multiple tasks while meeting hard deadlines
- You want to make an impact. You're driven to be the best. You challenge yourself by setting goals, crushing them, and helping your teammates do the same
- You are collaborative. You're excited to work as a team throughout the organization to help cultivate an amazing workplace and culture
- You always operate with integrity. You always conduct yourself with honesty and operate ethically. You say what you mean and mean what you say
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.