IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a hardworking, experienced Copywriter to support our marketing copy needs and develop consistent brand voices for each of our emerging brands. You will be responsible for all copy pertaining to the brand(s), product and shade names, packaging copy, e-commerce, social and video.
Applicants with both writing and beauty experience, and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment are the perfect fit! Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with the Brand Manager(s) and Creative Director to conceive of original beauty story concepts and develop brand voice
- Own and implement the brand voice across all channels
- Attend project kick-offs, examine various types of project briefs, paying close attention to marketing objectives and copy requests
- Execute clean, on-brief copy for e-commerce, digital and 360 marketing projects, including video scripts and treatments
- Work closely with the Marketing, Digital, Social and Product Development teams to align feedback, presenting any issues to the manager
- Partner with the Design team to ensure copy is accurately flowed into design and finds integrated visual/copy solutions
- Take ownership of deadlines and follows project schedules and updates
- Stay current on beauty industry trends, social trends and competitors
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years of experience writing for beauty, fashion, or women’s lifestyle brands, in print, digital and social contexts
- Creative self-starter; ability to multi-task and hustle in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Curiosity, intellect, and a passion for great ideas; ability to bring them to life is essential
- Strong social skills to collaborate effectively with designers, marketers, and other cross-functional partners
- Love of detail and highly organized
- You are open-minded and resourceful with a knack for problem solving
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.