Business Analyst, Inbound
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We're looking for an outstanding individual to help support our Inbound team! You will provide analytical support to drive decision making related to product fulfillment logistics, inbound/receiving processes, and product quality control processes. You will be responsible for making sure that products and packaging components arrive at our warehouse on time and in a saleable condition and that products pass all inventory checks and quality control inspections. This role is highly collaborative and the business analyst will work closely with Warehouse Operations, Merchandising, and Brand Partnership teams.
With millions of product units arriving each month, you will play a key role in analyzing and optimizing internal processes and tools to support scalability. Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Track domestic and international logistics with brand partners, working extensively with internal Brand Partnerships teams
- Compile key metrics of major Inbound processes on a weekly and monthly cadence
- Provide data-driven insights on fulfillment and quality logistics
- Work directly with our 3PL to support infrastructure requirements
- Track inventory of supplies for production activities across multiple programs for the team
- Develop and implement processes to support scalability
- Support ad hoc analyses to drive strategic decisions within Operations
- Evaluate pre-production samples with the merchant team
- Provide new brand partners with onboarding training
- Support quality control program using historical metrics for future recommendations
- Coordinate with each warehouse to resolve any product or quality discrepancies
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations, or Applied Quantitative field
- 1-2 years of work experience in an analytical, engineering, operations, or consulting role
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to manage time optimally, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on a team and collaborate with other partners
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, project management, and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills and are able to take initiative
- Flexible and have an ambitious spirit and are open to change
- Have an interest in and knowledge of beauty, style, and makeup
- Willingness to learn
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.