Senior/Principal ML Engineer, Machine Learning
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, Santa Monica, and Buenos Aires, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior or Principal Machine Learning Engineer to join our team. As Senior ML Engineer, you will be responsible for developing novel ML models for both internal tools as well as to delight our customers. You will also partner with ML Platform engineers to productionalize your models for continuous improvement.
Do you thrive in a fluid, high-performance, and ambitious environment? Do you have a real passion for learning and innovating? If so, we want to hear from you!
What We’re Looking For:
- 3-5+ years of hands-on experience deploying customer-facing ML models
- Ability to manage a project end-to-end from gathering requirements from stakeholders to testing and shipping a model
- Proven ability to execute on high-level ideas and shipping models
- Strong coding skills in python
- Strong communication skills
Bonus if You Have:
- Experience with recommender systems
- Experience with search and personalization
- Experience with demand forecasting and optimization
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and Text Representations
- Experience with causal inference (e.g. heterogeneous treatment effects, counterfactual reasoning, etc)
- Experience with data-driven segmentation (e.g non-negative matrix factorization, etc.)
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.