Senior Machine Learning Engineer
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer for our Personalization team! Machine learning is essential for IPSY to achieve our goal of personalizing all aspects of customer experience. The models we build and deploy affect millions of users. What makes IPSY an outstanding and exciting place to work on machine learning is that we collect a large number of deep user features that are not available to typical e-commerce companies, allowing us to build better models and make better recommendations.
You will be responsible for developing custom machine learning models from our comprehensive data sets and guiding how those models impact our growing member base of several million. Are you are a hands-on engineer with a real passion for learning and innovation? Do you thrive in a fluid, high-performance, and ambitious environment? If so, we want to hear from you!
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong foundation in machine learning algorithms with a broad understanding of Recommender Systems, Supervised/Unsupervised Learning Algorithms, Optimization, Graphical Models, and Learning Theory
- Minimum of 5 years of applied research experience with successful track record of deploying machine learned models into real-world settings
- Working knowledge and experience in distributed frameworks (e.g. Hadoop and Spark)
- Working knowledge of open source machine learning libraries (e.g. Scikit-learn, MLlib, TensorFlow, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master's or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent field strongly preferred
- Strong overall programming ability
- Excellent communication skills
- You are curious and seek out challenging problems (e.g. Skewness of data, Sampling bias, Set vs. Ordering)
- Technical publication history in prestigious international conferences and journals
Bonus if You Have:
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and Text Representations
- Experience with software development (Java, Scala, Python, C++, or C#)
- Experience with Combinatorial Optimization or Integer Programming
- Experience with SQL (e.g. Hive SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Familiar with ETL and big data tools (e.g. AWS, AirFlow)
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.