IPSY is looking for a Creative Director to own the creative vision, strategy and execution for our brand campaigns. You will report into the Chief Brand Officer and have the support of Editorial, Copy, Art Direction, Graphic Design and Photography/Video.
We’re searching for a big creative thinker that will help build buzz and continue to push IPSY into the forefront of pop culture, but also someone highly organized, digitally & socially savvy with strong team leadership skills. IPSY is a digital first brand, so you will gain experience working with digital and eCommerce brands and have an understanding of agile & iterative content needs, as IPSY produces over 5000 pieces of content every month.
Are you ready to take part in a tech-first, innovative brand that is scaling quickly and is going to revolutionize the beauty industry and shift consumer mindsets? If so, we want to hear from you!
- Lead all creative efforts by working in close partnership with key brand and cross-functional partners. Develop overarching creative strategy, concepts & roadmap to cascade to the team.
- Act as the brand steward ensuring consistent usage and roll out of the new brand guidelines across all channels, challenging the status quo.
- Seasonal creative direction and guidance for monthly themes and campaigns, including:
- Monthly theme creative development & moodboard direction.
- Photo, video & content concepting and on set direction (on figure & flat shoots).
- Asset execution direction including collateral, photography, video, social media, on-site/app, email, digital & growth, experiential and all other creative assets.
- Own the creative direction for the next phase of our new IPSY brand campaign, Discover Yourself. Provide support on the ambassador casting & storytelling, content development, campaign media activations & roll-out which include TV, radio/podcasts, outdoor, direct mail, influencer marketing, paid social/digital, PR, & experiential.
- Lead the Creative team with inspiration & motivation, providing a positive work environment. Develop and finesse team skillsets & capabilities and implement a rigorous creative processes to streamline work & build a collaborative environment.
- Constantly be on the pulse of lifestyle, beauty and pop-culture trends, bringing relevant creative ideas, partnerships and relationships to IPSY to help create buzz & relevancy around the brand.
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing on content strategy and creative iterations for different consumer channels & build an internal process for creative iteration & versioning by channel.
- Support quarterly creative budget and resource planning.
- 15+ years experience in a creative role, specifically with an art direction background.
- Experience working in beauty or lifestyle brands, with DTC or eCommerce experience.
- In depth knowledge of:
- Photography & video concepting, direction and production.
- Graphic design & creative composition, along with editorial/copy direction.
- Deep understanding of marketing channels and consumer touch points, especially eCommerce, email, digital & social media.
- Entrepreneurial approach and can work in nimble, agile tech environments.
- Leadership experience managing and mentoring a team of 10+ people.
- Performance & growth marketing knowledge (specifically social media acquisition).
- Some experience working on brand campaigns including TV, radio, outdoor, direct mail, and paid digital/social preferred.
- Experience with international marketing preferred.
- Has a clear pulse on trends, pop-culture and celebrity/talent/artists.
- Strong presentation & sell-in skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally and reciprocally with multiple departments.
- Strong ability within creative design platforms (inDesign, Photoshop) and presentation platforms (Keynote, PowerPoint, Google Slides).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.