IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Creative Director to own the creative vision, strategy and execution for our brand campaigns. You will report into the Chief Brand Officer and have the support of Editorial, Copy, Art Direction, Graphic Design and Photography/Video.
We’re searching for a big creative thinker that will help build buzz and continue to push IPSY into the forefront of pop culture, but also someone highly organized, digitally & socially savvy with strong team leadership skills. IPSY is a digital first brand, so you will gain experience working with digital and e-commerce brands and have an understanding of agile & iterative content needs, as IPSY produces over 5000 pieces of content every month.
Are you ready to take part in a tech-first, innovative brand that is scaling quickly and is going to revolutionize the beauty industry and shift consumer mindsets? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead all creative efforts by working in close partnership with key brand and cross-functional partners. Develop overarching creative strategy, concepts & roadmap to cascade to the team
- Act as the brand steward ensuring consistent usage and roll out of the new brand guidelines across all channels, challenging the status quo
- Seasonal creative direction and guidance for monthly themes and campaigns, including:
- Monthly theme creative development & moodboard direction
- Photo, video & content concepting and on set direction (on figure & flat shoots)
- Asset execution direction including collateral, photography, video, social media, on-site/app, email, digital & growth, experiential and all other creative assets
- Own the creative direction for the next phase of our new IPSY brand campaign, Discover Yourself. Provide support on the ambassador casting & storytelling, content development, campaign media activations & roll-out which include TV, radio/podcasts, outdoor, direct mail, influencer marketing, paid social/digital, PR, & experiential
- Lead the Creative team with inspiration & motivation, providing a positive work environment. Develop and finesse team skillsets & capabilities and implement a rigorous creative processes to streamline work & build a collaborative environment
- Constantly be on the pulse of lifestyle, beauty and pop-culture trends, bringing relevant creative ideas, partnerships and relationships to IPSY to help create buzz & relevancy around the brand
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing on content strategy and creative iterations for different consumer channels & build an internal process for creative iteration & versioning by channel
- Support quarterly creative budget and resource planning
What We’re Looking For:
- 15+ years experience in a creative role, specifically with an art direction background
- Experience working in beauty or lifestyle brands, with DTC or e-commerce experience
- In depth knowledge of:
- Photography & video concepting, direction and production
- Graphic design & creative composition, along with editorial/copy direction
- Deep understanding of marketing channels and consumer touch points, especially e-commerce, email, digital & social media
- Entrepreneurial approach and can work in nimble, agile tech environments
- Leadership experience managing and mentoring a team of 10+ people.
- Performance & growth marketing knowledge (specifically social media acquisition)
- Some experience working on brand campaigns including TV, radio, outdoor, direct mail, and paid digital/social preferred
- Experience with international marketing preferred
- Has a clear pulse on trends, pop-culture and celebrity/talent/artists
- Strong presentation & sell-in skills
- Ability to work cross functionally and reciprocally with multiple departments
- Strong ability within creative design platforms (InDesign, Photoshop) and presentation platforms (Keynote, PowerPoint, Google Slides)
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.