Director of Influencer Marketing
IPSY is looking for a Director of Influencer Marketing to drive influencer strategy and execution. You will lead a team of influencer marketers focused on building initiatives that cultivate a deep sense of community and drive brand awareness and engagement with IPSY and our brand partners. You will work and collaborate closely with the Social, PR, Experiential, Operations, and Brand Partner teams to improve influencer outreach and content across all owned, earned & paid channels.
Are you a tastemaker that has a knack for identifying up-and-coming talent? Do you have a successful track record of recruiting and activating both mega (5MM) and micro influencers? If so, we want to hear from you!
- Lead the development & execution of multi-faceted influencer strategy designed to improve the full marketing funnel—increasing brand awareness, engagement, consideration and conversion.
- Lead influencer campaigns from ideation and pitching to campaign execution, including paid engagements, unpaid nano seeding, and experiential integration.
- Drive the development and execution of high-touch, groundbreaking monthly influencer event programming at IPSY’s Santa Monica studios.
- Recruit and activate mega influencers (5M+) that align with IPSY’s brand values and can articulate our story of diversity, inclusion, and self-expression.
- Lead contract negotiation with influencers and/or their agents/managers, ensuring clear scope of work, alignment on timeline and deliverables while driving cost efficiencies.
- Build positive relationships with talent to nurture brand attachment and engagement with the IPSY community, including its brand partners.
- Ideate and pitch unique, engaging story angles to develop innovative custom content that breaks through the social clutter.
- Identify relevant influencers for seeding, ambassador programs, and ongoing promotions to ensure a solid roster of talent that aligns with our business objectives and brand values.
- Analyze, measure, and report on all influencer activities during and after all paid engagements to evaluate value and optimize for future initiatives.
- Work closely with the Experiential team to improve all branded and co-branded events with influencer activations and integrations to reach new audiences and effectively drive awareness, attendance and engagement.
- Handle budget for all influencer activities, ensuring timely and on-plan delivery.
- 10+ years experience in influencer marketing and/or management, preferably with at least 2-3 years within the fashion/beauty or lifestyle industries.
- 4+ years experience managing and/or mentoring direct reports.
- Consistent track record of successfully managing and implementing multi-tiered influencer campaigns that deliver against business critical metrics.
- Deep experience in recruiting, negotiating with and activating mega influencers with 5M+ following; built-in network/roster of prospective talent.
- Solid understanding of marketing channels and consumer touch points, especially digital & social.
- Ability to plan and facilitate meetings with high level executive & celebrity audiences.
- Ability to work cross functionally and reciprocally with multiple departments.
- Reporting and analytical skills, with ability to use insights to inform strategy and tactics.
- Experience working with social and/or influencer platforms (Creator IQ, Pixilee, etc) to measure effectiveness of influencer activities.
- Strong ability with Power Point, Word, Excel and Google Docs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.