Director of Influencer Marketing
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Director of Influencer Marketing to drive influencer strategy and execution! You will lead a team of influencer marketers focused on building initiatives that cultivate a deep sense of community and drive brand awareness and engagement with IPSY and our brand partners. You will work and collaborate closely with the Social, PR, Experiential, Operations, and Brand Partner teams to improve influencer outreach and content across all owned, earned & paid channels.
Are you a tastemaker that has a knack for identifying up-and-coming talent? Do you have a successful track record of recruiting and activating both mega (5MM) and micro influencers? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead the development & execution of multi-faceted influencer strategy designed to improve the full marketing funnel—increasing brand awareness, engagement, consideration and conversion
- Lead influencer campaigns from ideation and pitching to campaign execution, including paid engagements, unpaid nano seeding, and experiential integration
- Drive the development and execution of high-touch, groundbreaking monthly influencer event programming at IPSY’s Santa Monica studios
- Recruit and activate mega influencers (5M+) that align with IPSY’s brand values and can articulate our story of diversity, inclusion, and self-expression
- Lead contract negotiation with influencers and/or their agents/managers, ensuring clear scope of work, alignment on timeline and deliverables while driving cost efficiencies
- Build positive relationships with talent to nurture brand attachment and engagement with the IPSY community, including its brand partners
- Ideate and pitch unique, engaging story angles to develop innovative custom content that breaks through the social clutter
- Identify relevant influencers for seeding, ambassador programs, and ongoing promotions to ensure a solid roster of talent that aligns with our business objectives and brand values
- Analyze, measure, and report on all influencer activities during and after all paid engagements to evaluate value and optimize for future initiatives
- Work closely with the Experiential team to improve all branded and co-branded events with influencer activations and integrations to reach new audiences and effectively drive awareness, attendance and engagement
- Handle budget for all influencer activities, ensuring timely and on-plan delivery
What We’re Looking For:
- 10+ years experience in influencer marketing and/or management, preferably with at least 2-3 years within the fashion/beauty or lifestyle industries
- 4+ years experience managing and/or mentoring direct reports
- Consistent track record of successfully managing and implementing multi-tiered influencer campaigns that deliver against business critical metrics
- Deep experience in recruiting, negotiating with and activating mega influencers with 5M+ following; built-in network/roster of prospective talent
- Solid understanding of marketing channels and consumer touch points, especially digital & social
- Ability to plan and facilitate meetings with high level executive & celebrity audiences
- Ability to work cross functionally and reciprocally with multiple departments
- Reporting and analytical skills, with ability to use insights to inform strategy and tactics
- Experience working with social and/or influencer platforms (Creator IQ, Pixilee, etc.) to measure effectiveness of influencer activities
- Strong ability with PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Google Docs
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.