We're looking for a Senior Buyer to join our Sourcing & Procurement team at IPSY. Your primary responsibilities will be working with our Merchant, Product Development teams, and global suppliers to source and lead all phases of our new product development (color cosmetics and skincare) from concept to delivery.
Do you have knowledge of product development fundamentals, the ability to apply critical thinking throughout the process to ensure products are delivered on time, meet or exceed target margins, and can help us meet our product quality requirements? If so, this role is for you!
- Handle assigned projects from start to finish.
- Build timelines for new product launches, work together with internal teams and vendors to prioritize and ensure all key deadlines and milestones are tracked.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to finalize formulas, primary & secondary components/artwork, coordinate legal copy approvals, obtaining ingredient lists, gathering all regulatory information, final artwork proofing, and submission to vendors.
- Follow up with vendors daily and weekly regarding order status, actively track and maintain updates for all orders and mitigate delivery risk through problem-solving and negotiations.
- Act as the key contact for vendors and focus on building strong collaborative and long term vendor relationships.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, capacity, and service.
- Negotiate prices.
- Issue purchase orders and handle payments.
- Lead U.S. logistics, Inbound and QC.
- Pull reports, assemble data and perform analysis to make recommendations for procurement.
- BA / BS degree or higher.
- 5+ years of experience in a purchasing role. Cosmetics, Personal Care or Health & Beauty background preferred.
- Experience working with vendors in both a turnkey and non-turnkey environment is a plus.
- You have a strong intuition on cosmetics and skincare trends.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- You are well organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with global teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.