Principal Back End Software Engineer, IMS (Argentina)
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to be a part of our growing Infrastructure Engineering team! Your objective will be to lead (technically) the initiative that is entitled to build the foundation of technology and processes for demand forecasting, inventory management, order fulfillment, and catalog management. The solutions you deliver will have to accommodate current BFA’s brands’ domestic distributed operation as well as future international operations. You need to connect your plans with real operational goals to improve efficiency throughout all inventory-related processes.
Do you have a track record working on designing efficient operation processes and information systems? Do you thrive in a high-performance, entrepreneurial environment, work well as part of a dynamic cross-functional team, and have the ability to drive product strategy and execution? If so, we want to hear from you!
What We’re Looking For:
- Worked diligently coding in Java
- A creative and precise problem solver
- Strong knowledge of Spring or other similar inversions of control frameworks
- Passionately worked on and driven large scale projects to completion
- Familiar with third-party backend API integrations
- Familiar with databases: schema design, queries, performance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Bonus if You Have:
- Knowledge or experience of inventory management systems or e-commerce fulfillment is highly desirable
- Big data and analytics experience
- Experience scaling large web applications and maintaining high availability services
- Experience with AWS
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Health insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.