Senior Back End Software Engineer (Argentina)
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to be a part of our growing Commerce Infrastructure Engineering team! You will be working on a tight-knit team building commerce infrastructure APIs and services to manage, bill, and ship over 3 million customers a month. You will help solve high scalability problems of processing millions of orders, payments, shipments, and other events in only a few hours while maintaining rock-solid performance and uptime. Our platform is built around Spring with a queue/worker based infrastructure to process millions of messages a day. We practice a high level of abstraction and separation of concerns to build a codebase that is both fluid and flexible while still being maintainable.
Do you thrive in a fluid, high-performance, and ambitious environment? Do you have a real passion for learning and innovating? If so, we want to hear from you!
What We’re Looking For:
- Worked diligently coding in Java
- A strong knowledge of Spring or other similar inversion of control frameworks
- Passionately worked on and driven large scale projects to completion
- Familiar with third-party backend API integrations
- Familiar with databases: schema design, queries, performance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Bonus if You Have:
- Experience with e-commerce platforms, payment gateways, order management systems
- Big data and analytics experience
- Experience scaling large web applications and maintaining high availability services
- Experience with AWS
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Health insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.