Brand Operations Specialist
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Brand Operations Specialist who will assist in the day-to-day operations for the Brand Operations team which supports all of IPSY’s creative, marketing, and production corporate and financial tasks and tracking!
Are you a self-starter with experience in financial tracking and agreement execution follow-through with strong organizational skills, project management, and interpersonal skills? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work directly with the Brand Operations Manager to understand and support the overall business objectives of the Brand department and supporting cross-functional teams
- Support purchasing needs for the Brand team and special projects, as requested
- Support hospitality needs for the Brand team and special projects (including staff travel, hotel bookings, expense reporting, and transportation)
- Support Brand Operations Manager to coordinate, draft (as needed), and ensure that all legal agreements for Brand Operations are fully executed
- Assist with updating organizational operations and production documents regularly: meeting agendas, status reports, budgets, music licenses tracker, contest tracker, etc.
- Coordinate shoot hires, agreements, online purchase requests, equipment rentals setup, call-sheet setup, invoices requests, and submissions via Asana and maintaining deadlines for these assigned tasks
- Monitor project progress by communicating and tracking any issues that arise
- Work alongside Brand Operations Manager to lead internal and external partner relations
- Work with Brand Operations and Producers to track budgets, maintain financial and legal documents, and be responsible for final reporting documents
- Handle credit card checkout process and cash for the team
- Other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+years experience in an operations role
- Self-starter, with strong organizational, project management, and communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Familiarity with Gmail, Google Docs and Google Drive
- Flexible attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced, ambitious environment
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Willing to ‘roll up the sleeves’ and do what it takes to get the job done
- Strong ability to handle on multiple projects, handle tight deadlines and be inventive under pressure
- Proven organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong collaboration skills
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. Asana, Basecamp or Trello)
- Passion for the Beauty industries
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.