IPSY is looking for a highly motivated and influential Assistant Controller to join the Accounting team to drive scalability and operational excellence. You will be an inspiring leader to the Finance team by evaluating current infrastructure, processes, and controls to identify areas of improvement, innovation and additional investment and drive efficiency through automation and streamlining accounting processes.
Are you a collaborative teammate, a builder and a mentor, with a proven track record of scaling the accounting function through hyper growth– preferably in a public company? Do you have a strong working knowledge of accounting systems, processes, U.S. GAAP, and internal controls? If so, we want to hear from you!
- Supporting the full cycle general ledger monthly close process and related activities to ensure all accounts are US GAAP compliant.
- Meet deadlines in line with company’s policies and procedures.
- Draft and implement key policies and procedures and drive implementation and training of new accounting standards.
- Maintain the relationship with external auditors, provide pragmatic solutions and alternatives to challenging audit requests and inquiries.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build streamlined and scalable processes and achieve maximum efficiency to support growth.
- Benchmark and coordinate with industry peers on standard methodologies related to accounting, systems, policies, and processes.
- Participate in key strategic initiatives and assist with other ad hoc projects.
- Ownership of monthly flux variance analysis and thorough understanding of accounts.
- Collaborate with the Legal and HR team to communicate stock option materials, compliance, grant process and management report.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience driving the corporate accounting policies and processes. Ideally with Big 4, public company and IPO experience (4+ years at a Big 4 public accounting firm at the Manager+ level).
- Retail/B2C experience (inventory, shipping/receiving, eCommerce sales, etc.). Comprehensive understanding of inventory and cash management.
- Problem solving, project management and decision-making capacity in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in leading successful system implementations for growth and scalability. Experience with NetSuite preferred.
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SOX 404, and SEC reporting standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, from staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties.
- Experiences in SEC filings, GAAP reporting requirements, maintenance of appropriate documentation to support all disclosures in SEC filings.
- Very organized.
- Team development.
- Love to sharpen the leadership pencil.
- Enjoy influencing others.
- Strong EQ.
- Compartmentalize problem into solvable bits.
- Hold others and yourself accountable to complete tasks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.