Lifecycle Marketing Manager
IPSY is looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Manager to lead the strategic execution of marketing initiatives across our site and channels (email, push, in-app) to increase average revenue per user. This role will lead a small team of marketers focused on improving the customization of our product experience. That includes everything from encouraging users to choose products for their bag, to developing targeted flows to upsell users to the right plan to fit their beauty needs, to owning the e-commerce marketing strategy for our members. You will work cross-functionally with Design, Engineering, Product, Data, Merchandising, Customer Service, and Operations to delight members, reduce churn, and build our brand, with a strong focus on marketing automation and personalization.
Do you enjoy the role of player-coach and are equally comfortable developing strategies and leading others while going deep and working in the weeds? If so, we want to hear from you. You should have demonstrated success and experience leading others, decreasing churn, and increasing LTV.
This is an incredible opportunity to work at an innovative tech start-up in the beauty space, doing the most advanced marketing and content personalization in the industry. If you love using direct communication channels as part of an integrated, multi-channel marketing effort to get results at a fast-growing company, this role is for you.
- Lead and work alongside your team as you develop site, email, push, and in-app marketing strategies to decrease churn and increase LTV.
- Be an authority on personalization and customization; utilizing a deep understanding of member mindset and behavior to increase revenue, improving the member journey, and building our brand.
- Train and develop other marketers to execute increasingly sophisticated lifecycle marketing programs, focused on using data for advanced personalization and automation.
- Use data to monitor the performance of customization programs and identify areas for improvement; generate and test hypotheses.
- Communicate key insights and optimize customization programs based on analysis driven by data.
- Lead complex, highly cross-functional initiatives to deliver business requirements, create project plans, and drive on-time execution.
- Lead ongoing monthly triggered and transactional communication to active subscribers (e.g. tracking, payment notification, spoiler alert, shipping, etc.).
- Be a strong voice on the team for all customization-related discussions, meetings, and brainstorms including changes to the business, strategy, product, and brand.
- Bachelor’s degree – ideally in Business, Marketing, quantitative, or technical field.
- 5+ years developing lifecycle programs; comfortable with segmentation, automation strategy, marketing using digital channels (email, in-app, push, etc.).
- 3+ years experience working directly in an enterprise-grade ESP (Iterable, Braze, ExactTarget, Responsys, etc.); experience with multi-step workflows, QA, hitting send and reporting.
- 2+ years experience leading a team(s).
- 2+ years developing and executing A/B tests to decrease churn, leveraging email, push, and site initiatives.
- Comfortable with quantitative analytics; experience translating data into business and member insights.
- Fervent attention to detail; you are confident deploying emails to millions of members free of grammar, spelling, typos, and other deployment errors.
- Cross-functional team experience and proven ability to work cross-functionally to execute a vision through consensus building, negotiation, and data-driven persuasion.
- Creative thinking and ability to test out-of-the-box solutions.
- Scrappy ability to get stuff done, roll up your sleeves, and tackle something hands-on.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Excel, experience with financial modeling and/or SQL/R a plus.
- Familiar with analytics dashboards (e.g. Tableau, Looker).
- Light HTML experience required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IPSY was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the IPSY Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. IPSY Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with IPSY Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
IPSY is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.
Take a look at careers.ipsy.com for some exciting opportunities to join our team. And check us out at ipsy.com, @ipsyofficial on Snapchat, and @ipsy on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.