VP of Partnerships, Strategic New Business
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for a tenacious and hardworking VP of Partnerships for a strategic new business opportunity! The role will involve developing partnerships with brands, influencers and agencies to help drive our merchandising strategy. You will be a key member of the leadership team driving IPSY into its next stage of growth. This role will report to the SVP of Merchandising, Strategic New Business and is located in NYC.
Are you passionate about fashion and beauty? Do you love building relationships? Do you relish the challenge of launching a new business? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Delighting the community by developing partnerships with innovative and delightful brands and influencers
- Building a value proposition for brand partners
- Structuring deals and leading negotiations with brand partners
- Handle brand campaigns with our Marketing and Editorial teams
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Sales, Communications or Marketing)
- 7+ years of business development or sales experience. Experience with influencer partnerships
- Proven ability to deliver results
- Strong rolodex with existing contacts and relationships in women's contemporary fashion and beauty
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities (a lover of lists and timelines). Great work ethic and sense of ownership and accountability
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. Confidence negotiating complex deals with vendors
- Collaborative across teams
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, startup environment. Must be calm and collected under pressure
- Strong experience leading teams- building, and managing high performing employees
- Passion for IPSY’s mission
Bonus if You Have:
- Experience with subscription box business model
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.